Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Gorgeous Daze
I voted for the band of navvies lead by the semi-decipherable man from Oldbury, a Major return to No.1, and after finding contenders for my third spot virtually inseparable I finally opted for the solidity of another slice of melancholy class from the root vegetables.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

This as been a difficult decision but here we go. The first as to be a song about brass. The second as to be about a soul great. The third as been the most difficult to choose. It as come down to two records and both are great. So went for the Clown on the cover of the single.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Old Grey Whistler
I have taken a trip to paradise where I took the law into my own hands and then departed with an alloy hidden in my clothing.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

VintageVideos
I've only voted for two artists (three songs though), all of which are still alive.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

AC/PD
This is nigh on impossible.
If only Doc's Champagne voting system were in place for this particular year....

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Well "I'm happy, hope you're happy too" with the result. I got two of the top three with `Ashes` and `Brass`. `Geno` was my other pick.

A real wrench to leave out The Jam, Blondie, The Specials. Great turn-out again by the forum. Join me again on Tuesday for a classic year from the 1960s.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

sueforever
Ryan I went for the same Three number Ones. But their were many more I could've chosen in that great year.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

sueforever wrote
Ryan I went for the same Three number Ones.
Great minds and all that S4E !

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Legsfan
I voted for David Bowie, Call Me and Odyssey.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

I can’t believe that no one went for Grandma. What kind of pop music fans are you?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

PattiforPM
I voted the two 2nds and Abba.  Bowie would have been 4th I think.  Good spread this time as befits a powerful year

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Hanway2 wrote
I can’t believe that no one went for Grandma. What kind of pop music fans are you?
Nobody went for Blondie - The Tide Is High

Did the Atomic Kitten cover kill any love for this Blondie classic? Or is the original version, sung by The Paragons, the one that we rate the highest?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

VintageVideos
I think it's interesting to note that none of the three winners were danced to by Legs & Co.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

I tip my hat to the good people of OFTD. Again, great taste. I went for Bowie (a deserving winner imo) Blondie (Atomic) Jam (Going Underground). It was a tight scoreboard though with a good spread of points, and only the real duffers drawing a blank.

Tide is High is one of the worst Blondie hits IMHO so I say well chosen crowd, not to be swayed by the powerful Harry factor

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Old Grey Whistler
I voted for Brass In Pocket, Xanadu and also, Coward Of The County (because I knew no one else would!)
As for the winner, well it's okay although there are other Bowie songs which I prefer.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Who's That Hurll
1. Going Underground  2. Atomic  3. Geno

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Everything'sRosie wrote
 and only the real duffers drawing a blank.
With Kelly Marie being an exception to the rule.