Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Who's That Hurll
PattiforPM wrote
I voted the two 2nds and Abba.
The Super one or the Winner that didn't win this time?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

PattiforPM
I like them both Mr Hurll but the Trouper beat the Winner this time for me

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

PattiforPM wrote
Tide is High is one of the worst Blondie hits IMHO so I say well chosen crowd, not to be swayed by the powerful Harry factor
I reserve that accolade to Island Of Lost Souls

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

The Rubberband Man
I voted for The Jam “Going Underground” which is an anthem for all travellers on the Northern Line. Glad the song came joint second in the poll.

I also went for The Specials “Too Much Too Young”, the live version being immensely better than the album track.

Final vote went to Abba “The Winner Takes It All” which is the jointly the best single (along with “The Day Before You Came”) the band released. So sad only two others agree with me on this one.

Wish I could also have voted for The Detroit Spinners take of the superb Four Seasons hit "Working My Way Back To You". To extend the song a bit, the "Forgive Me Girl" part was written by Michael Zager (Ooh Ooh Let’s All Chant)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

The Rubberband Man wrote
TTIH is certainly the poorest in quality of all Blondie's six UK number 1 singles. I even preferred the much maligned next single `Rapture` that peaked at number 5. Of course the glory days were just about done for Blondie in 81, but what a superb and unexpected number 1 some 18 years later with `Maria`.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

The Rubberband Man wrote
I voted for The Jam “Going Underground”
I remember `Going Underground` at the time not bothering climbing up the charts instead shooting to Number 1 from nowhere. I think this was in part due to the music press at the time advertising the fact that initial copies of the single would come with a 3-track live EP recorded at The Rainbow in London in 1979. So for the price of a single, punters got quite a bit more.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Gorgeous Daze
Good to see the chameleon extraordinaire win again. One that instantaneously impressed as his most likely No.1 since the glam rock years.

I share two thirds of the great mindedness of Ryan and SFE. The debatable third selected Super Trouper.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I voted for Ashes to Ashes, Atomic, and Xanadu....

I'm glad somebody (OGW) voted for that ripping country yarn Coward of the County though, shame two more didn't, then I could have said "And there were three of them".....
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!
123