Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

This is the 20th of our `Tuesday to Friday polls` in which we vote on our favourite UK number one singles from the golden years of pop, 1960 to 1989. Your task is to decide which 'three' are your favourites from each given year.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30 pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Ive gone for a one Number 1 that ive always liked and a couple of Number 1's that i didn't really care for back in the day but enjoy them now, due in no small part to the TOTPs re-runs in which they grew on me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

PattiforPM
...tries desperately to resist voting for Jay Aston just because she looks good on record sleeves....

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Who's That Hurll
Oh  goody! More number ones to cast my eye over. It shouldn't take long to werk out my three choices.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

JEZ
My vote as gone in

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Who's That Hurll
Kraftwerk, Nicole and the Goombay Dance Band for Vin.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Needing Bob Borst's compilation for inspiration?
Here it is, starting with a 1981 non votable Christmas #1 that's hung around the charts into 1982

http://d1pop96i45smdf.cloudfront.net/popculture/medley/final/uk/year/1982.mp3

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

I liked the Kraftwerk and Nicole singles as i started studying German 'O' level at the time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Who's That Hurll wrote
Kraftwerk, Nicole and the Goombay Dance Band for Vin.
Yup three number ones by German artists in one year is a rare feat. But I'm afraid only one of those will get a vote from me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

PattiforPM
Getting from four to three took a little time and effort for me but I've done it now

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Thanks again TRBM for the refresher.
With a singalong to SYL having helped pass many a motorway mile making the final selection was the easy part.  Choosing its two companions from the other twenty - a mite more tricky.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I would say without a doubt this is the best year in depth that we have seen so far. So hard to narrow it down to 3.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Suefan wrote
With a singalong to SYL having helped pass many a motorway mile making the final selection was the easy part.
Chuckles to ones self picturing SF in singing mode.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Everything'sRosie
A lot of very different records. I've gone for mod, electronica and new romantic.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Lee A
Not an easy task to whittle 1982 (the year I entered the world) down to three but I did manage it. A great year for music and actually  a good one for number 1's.  There were some dud ones on there - and I won't list my definition of the duds in case I annoy anyone who voted for them. Maybe my three would be duds to others?  from what I gather from looking at this you're not supposed to say who you voted for, before the poll closes, but can give subtle clues, right?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Lee A wrote
 from what I gather from looking at this you're not supposed to say who you voted for, before the poll closes, but can give subtle clues, right?
You can reveal your 3 choices before the poll closes if you so wish Lee, keep them to yourself or post cryptic clues. Its entirely your choice. So long as you pick 3 then im happy !

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Gorgeous Daze
It's not all great - it never is - but I'm very fond of this year and I'll be sorry to leave out one or two old friends.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Another year in the 80s with a selection of very good if not great chart toppers in my opinion. A large and varied range to choose from as well.
I have thought long and hard over this and with great difficulty to cut this down to the three permitted. Thus, I have plumped for the Eurovision winner- Hello Vin- the film and and TV theme song, dancing in the streets of NY and an Anglo Irish pair of dungarees.
I could have had a completely different selection on any other given day, I feel. But today those were the numbers that appealed to me.
I think that the year 1982 will be another close fought poll with not much to separate the top three.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Here are my subtle clues to keep you all guessing for a few days :-

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Am still thinking about it.
123