Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Hanway2 wrote
I think that the year 1982 will be another close fought poll with not much to separate the top three.
Yes id have thought that, but its not shaping up that way.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Old Grey Whistler
1982 was probably my least favourite year for the TOTP repeats (I thought 81 was poor as well but at least we had Legs & Co). Nevertheless I have cobbled together my three votes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Hanway2 wrote
I think that the year 1982 will be another close fought poll with not much to separate the top three.
Yes id have thought that, but its not shaping up that way.
I bet it is Kraftwerk that is clear but I hope I am wrong (even though its one of my own choices)
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Everything'sRosie
I'm guessing the Top Three looks something like this: Charlene and The Goombay Dance Band neck and neck, with Renee & Renato coming up on the rails.

I've no inside information, but I'm pretty sure I won't be far off when the "music" stops.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

A fairly tough call this time, but in the long run, with cocktails, I believe I  saw bright lights in the centre of the road!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Didn't know you could perform hand-stands, ER.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

AC/PD

The third one has a title which was choreographed by Dancer at an earlier OFTD meet-up.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Sorry that am late choosing but here goes. I went for some mods, a lyric by Peter Sinfield and last of all a band that went for a Van Morrison Sound.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

PattiforPM
Sorry SFE per a recent change in OFTDs policy votes will now only be accepted in Pictorial form

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Old Grey Whistler
I haven't done so well this week. Did get the joint third with Dexy's and a couple of mid table choices with Madness and Irene Cara. Quite surprised by the winner as I was expecting The Jam to win.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

I was pretty darn useless in this year and no wonder my choices didn't bother the top three. I went for Bucks Fizz (LOMB), a song ive always liked. I also went for Adam Ant & surprisingly, Tight Fit who i certainly wouldn't have given a monkeys for in 1982 but do not mind at all these days.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

sueforever
I must again I would have thought that the Jam would have won. So I went for The Jam, like You Ryan I went for LOMB and last of all Dexy's. So I got two right this time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Who's That Hurll
1. The Model  2. Eye Of The Tiger  3. Goody Two Shoes

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

sueforever wrote
I would have thought that the Jam would have won.
For me the Jam were way past their best by 82 and i didn't even consider them for my three. If ever a fellow diminished in stature over a decade then Paul Weller is that man.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

24.6 votes

Went with Land of Make Believe, The Model and A Town Called Malice

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

Mikey
AC/PD's "I" of the tiger clue made me laugh, good one!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1982.

I voted for Kraftwerk,Tight Fit and Eddy Grant.
A good year musically and i liked most of the number ones.