Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1986.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1986.

Yes absolutely, but if ever a song reached the number spot on the strength of its promotional video alone, then Reet Petite must surely be take the honours.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1986.

Reet Petite got as high as No. 6 in 1957, making it Jackie's biggest UK hit even before 1986, but it would never have made the No. 1 without the video clip. There's an interesting article in wikipedia about the record which says: "The song was reissued in 1986 following the showing of a clay animation video on the BBC Two documentary series Arena. The video was directed by Giblets, a London-based animation studio. The reissued version proved so popular that in December 1986, almost three years after Wilson's death, the song became a No. 1 in the UK for four weeks (selling over 700,000 copies), some 29 years after its chart debut. This was the record for the longest time between a song's debut on the chart and it reaching number one, until it was overtaken by Tony Christie's "(Is This the Way to) Amarillo" in 2005."

The design of the record sleeve left no doubt about its content:

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1986.

Who's That Hurll wrote

1. Rock Me Amadeus        2. Take My Breath Away       3. Living Doll
                                          (Berlin)                                (For those who don't know their footballers, that's Thomas Doll who has his hands full in that picture).

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1986.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I went for Diana Ross, Berlin, and George Michael. Again, the winner surprised me, I thought Chain Reaction would win. Pet Shop Boys never really floated my boat.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!
123