Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

This is the 23rd of our `Tuesday to Friday polls` in which we vote on our favourite UK number one singles from the golden years of pop, 1960 to 1989. Your task is to decide which 'three' are your favourites from each given year.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30 pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Although its a year im not particularly fond of musically, i somehow struggled to pick three from the five i really like. In the end the two i left out were Starship and Mel & Kim.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

The Rubberband Man
Excellent montage of single covers Ryan

Bob's compilation.... with the 1986 remnant Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite at the start :-

http://d1pop96i45smdf.cloudfront.net/popculture/medley/final/uk/year/1987.mp3

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Lee A
Too many to chose from here. Will need a bit of time to ponder

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

VintageVideos
It's interesting to note that four of those No. 1 hits were remakes and another one was a rerelease.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

PattiforPM
I'll resist the strong temptation to go buying cat food first and browse around a bit before making my decision

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Everything'sRosie
I always ignore cover versions or re-releases in these polls, which might have been a problem this year. However, picking 3 good 'uns was surprisingly easy. And all from Brit artists too. Though in my opinion this was a pretty fallow year, with nothing I'd judge to be a classic single hitting the top throughout the entire twelve months.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Though there are at least three I like, all in all I'm not very taken with this lot neither now nor then. And not the era, nor the music in general either. But when was/am I ever from now?

The year starts off with probably the first No.1 of the eighties that I had to YouTube. I found I did recall it...vaguely. It marks I suppose the start of the prolific but mercifully short career of that irritating Jack bloke.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Great year, so many different genres in the charts and all sounding terrific. I was going to embed photos of a Swansea fan, Chairman Mao and Frankel as clues to my picks!
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

I wonder who the Swansea fan was? I've narrowed it down to Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston...and Michael Jackson.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

The Rubberband Man
My votes go to :-

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Lee A

One of the ones I voted for - I finally made up my mind. The clip is taken from one of my favourite (but not the favourite) films of all time, the song of which was the theme to the above movie. Incidentally Stand By Me is my favourite film of all time, the title track made it to number 1 in this year. But I didn't vote for that.
The other two I voted for were a synth/electric duo who sang a song about an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law and a group of brothers who were winning again.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Who's That Hurll
C'mon Hurlly, you know you'd be mad not to vote for her two chart-toppers.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Typical late 80s fare here, and not a year with many outstanding number ones for me. And some of the dance tracks that would proliferate in the charts quite rapidly afterwards.  My first two choices were quite easy to pick as two of  my more favoured offerings,  but the third took quite a while longer and I could have gone for any number of, frankly, moderate stuff.
In the end I chose a song with connections to Star Trek but not the Sealed Knot, Cissy’s Girl, and the High Note Hipsters.
It will be interesting to see how 1987 plays out, will there be a dominance of Pop or Dance tracks, or will covers and re-releases win out.
And next week  back to the 60s— YAY!!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Everything'sRosie wrote
I wonder who the Swansea fan was? I've narrowed it down to Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston...and Michael Jackson.

Swansea fans are known as "jacks".....Frankel just kept on winning.....and Mao had China in his hand for about 40 years didn't he?haha
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

Everything'sRosie
Rosie'sNumberOneFan wrote
Everything'sRosie wrote
I wonder who the Swansea fan was? I've narrowed it down to Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston...and Michael Jackson.

Swansea fans are known as "jacks".....Frankel just kept on winning.....and Mao had China in his hand for about 40 years didn't he?haha
I understood the other two clues RNOF, but I had no idea Swansea fans were called "Jacks" despite a good mate being a citizen of that fine city. I presume the "Jacks" are currently familiarising themselves with Championship grounds

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

JEZ
Even though I liked a lot of these mumber ones back in the day ,ive struggled to pick 3 now whicreally I can say are favourites ,the eighties onwards dont really do a lot for me anymore music wise.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

CoffeeThing
I got out the best tea cups and awaited, E that were good.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

I voted for two Rubberband Man choices and one 'weighty' record.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1987.

AC/PD
Please don't anyone say they voted for Star Trekkin', even in jest.
123