This show is presented by (Gary Davies) and is first screened Thursday 10th Jan at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

Nothing of any interest for me. Madonna is an adequate fall back option.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

The Rubberband Man
Madonna was the saviour of this edition.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

I must say like Ryan the show was poor through out. So my vote goes to Jackie Wilson.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

Michael
Yes, agreed, only Madge can save us...

A pretty underwhelming selection.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

Everything'sRosie
Dear me, that was a bit of a Christmas hangover. Though they cut it short I'll still go for Madonna.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

PattiforPM
I'm on Cardiopulmonary Bypass too

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

Old Grey Whistler
I voted for Reet Petite because it was one of my dog's favourite songs.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

PattiforPM
Was it a Chihuahua OGW?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

Gorgeous Daze
With 1987 just a few hours old, it was to be particularly expected that as usual on the first edition of the year the old year cobwebs needed blowing out of the charts. But it was certainly a rousing one to bring in Hogmanay from Big Country. Sorry! I meant Gary Moore.

Surprised a Christmas song was selected. I think I had the vaguest recollection of it but not the video. Being Spitting Image it was fun to watch, if a little short of 'celebs'. It's enjoyable enough to get my vote this uninspiring week. Madonna would probably have got it again if she hadn't been curtailed.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

PattiforPM wrote
Was it a Chihuahua OGW?
Haha, no it was a terrier.  He always used to bark when  Reet Petite was played on the radio. He also liked Mathew & Son by Cat Stevens and the theme to Coronation Street.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

CoffeeThing
A grim show by and large for me, and so very far removed from the joyous TOTPs of the early to mid 1970s. Alf came close but Jackie Wilson got my vote.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

Dancer
Madonna got my vote.  Marvellous single and extended mix too.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

zenon
Quite a good start to 1987, Enjoyed Status Quo, Alison Moyet and the Gary Moore performance I remember watching as a five year old, Jackie Wilson really growing on me now but in the end I went for A-Ha.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

NickGregory92
My vote goes to the Quo, a nice soothing number to kick off the year with

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

VintageVideos
Contrary to most others here I found this show more enjoyable than the following. My vote goes to the lovely Elkie Brooks with one of the 80's great power ballads.
If I only had one love yours would be the one I'd choose

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

Who's That Hurll

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

Not a great start to the New Year, at least after this things can only improve. Difficult choice when voting though, very nearly went for A-ha, but in the end decided on Status Quo.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 01/01/87

So Madonna wins again 3 weeks later with the same song.