This show is presented by (Gary Davies & Janice Long) and is first screened Friday 8th Feb at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

The Rubberband Man
I thought that performance from The Pogues & The Dubliners was AWESOME!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

   Who else could I vote for but 'The Irish Rover' by The Pogues and The Dubliners? I bet a great craic was had by all. And wasn't Ronnie Drew the coolest man in Ireland at the time. And it was also good to see Terry Woods- from the first incarnation of Steeleye Span- on mandolin, to the viewers right. The song, about a ship and improbable cargo, has been robustly sung in Ireland and the rest of the World with much abandon these last 60 years or so. Would Gary get away with his harmless joke these days? Perhaps you would have to be Irish to say it now. And how about an episode that starts off with a hoary song about a ship sinking, and finishes with a record about a real ship capsizing.
  Another episode starts with a bang and gradually descends. Although Let It Be is a charity record and we don't want to be too hard on a charity record, even Kate and Paul could not really rescue it. Always like seeing group line-ups like at the end for some people spotting- and it was good to see Screaming Lord Sutch in among the others, taking time off from running for Parliament, presumably.
  I would rather hear Etta James or Christine McVie sing 'I'd Rather Go Blind' any day of the week. And Ruby over blows the song. When I first started these reviews I commented on Fine Young Cannibals and the spindly legged guitarist and here he is again. Would someone please get him a chair. The Curiosity number is not much, and certainly no better than their earlier hit. The difficult follow up to a successful record, maybe.
  No, I am an Irish Rover tonight, and I will empty a bottle of Jameson's. If I had one.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

FYC for me in what was a bit of a poor show, beginning with that Irish Rover tripe which im sure will properly win this.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

Dancer
Fine Young Cannibals were good as was Madonna.  I wonder if she borrowed the Chiquitita dresses.  I have voted for Herb Alpert.  This song was just fantastic at the time and was played constantly in the clubs and never dated.  He had got some previous excellent club remixes going around with the Cool Summer Mix of Janet Jackson's Nasty which was in two parts and ran for about nineteen minutes.  This particular track was off his album Keep Your Eyes on Me produced by him and Jam and Lewis and every track was fab.  Diamonds was perfect club track and had Janet Jackson again as uncredited vocalist along with the ballad Making Love in the Rain.  Shame the album did not really do much in the charts as it would be a desert island one for me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

CoffeeThing
I thought Ferry Aid was pretty good for a charity record, well put together. My vote goes to The Irish Rover, a great performance.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

PattiforPM
Madonna.  I wonder if I have voted for her more than any other act?  Hope so

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

Everything'sRosie
I remember this show originally airing, even Janice's shirt. Probably because of the first act. Like David Bowie and Polly Styrene, you never really forget your first sighting of Shane MacGowan. Maybe it's a teeth thing. And so it's definitely The Irish Rover for me.

On a side note, and maybe because I've worked with the visually impaired, but I find that Ruby Turner record truly offensive.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

NickGregory92
☘️ ☘️ ☘️

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

Gorgeous Daze
Another easy decision. Madonna. One of her best and naturally a smoldering-hot flamenco girl.

I don't approve of the Fine Young Cannibals' cover of Ever Fallen In Love. They sanitized it and turned it into something yuppies might like.

I thought Herb Alpert looked embarrassingly hip. Modernization brought in a bob or two for A&M though.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

Just the one act on the show did it for me this week, the opening one, and i'd almost forgotten about it, The Pogues & The Dubliners, great stuff!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

Michael
Nothing here for me ☹️ I’ve picked the Madonna number as it’s the only one out of all those included in the show I didn’t  skip...

                                               vs

A rotten way of looking at it P4PM. And just what I was thinking.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

Everything'sRosie
I think P4PM's stark images are starting to have an influence as Madonna is coming up on the rails!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

My vote goes for the Irish Rover. All in all this is a better programme from Thursday programme.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/04/87

Tie-break poll (ends 10.30pm) to determine your favourite TOTPs performance from 02/04/87

As the main poll ended in a tie, this is the tie-break poll to find a winner. Which one of these was your favourite TOTPs performance from 02/04/87.

The poll is blind and the result will be revealed at 10.30pm.

USE THE NABBLE POLL BELOW TO CAST YOUR VOTE.

Pick one of these two.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: Tie-break poll (ends 10.30pm) to determine your favourite TOTPs performance from 02/04/87

I voted for neither of these in the main poll, but ive voted for one of them just now !

Re: Tie-break poll (ends 10.30pm) to determine your favourite TOTPs performance from 02/04/87

Everything'sRosie
I'll stay with The Pogues/Dubliners