4 hours later than normal.
---------------------------------

This show is presented by (Simon Bates) and is first screened Thursday 21st March at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

sueforever
Just voted and I went for the Pet shop Boys. Yet again not a great programme.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

  I really struggled to work up any enthusiasm for this show, it all passed me by in much of a blur. Nothing outstanding grabbed me and shook me enough to want to vote for anything.
  I was tempted between two tracks, and as I wonder if anyone will vote for it, I nearly chose Atlantic Starr, for the soppiest video seen for a long time. But right at the end I changed my mind. I picked the 'Pet Shop Boys', and I don't think I have ever done that before, for anything!
 And I cannot find the effort to write about any of the others, so will leave it there.  I do admit to falling asleep while it was on, but didn't miss much. A-ha sent me into the arms of Morpheus, and were still there when I returned.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

Was that a `Batesism` in the first 10 seconds of the show when he claimed ABC haven't been on the show for 3 years when in actual fact they were on 21 days previously in a show he co-presented !

Anyway, i went for The Pet Shop Boys.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

AC/PD
He means, in that Batesy manner of his, they hadn't been on for three years prior to ''...storming back with When Smokey Sings''.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

CoffeeThing
The late Colin Vearncombe with his wonderfully melancholy style came close as did Simple Minds, but the pouting Billy Idol just pipped them with a song I liked a lot back then and still enjoy to this day whenever I hear it.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

Gorgeous Daze
Not much to interest me either. Just a bit of A-ha's damned-by-the-eighties but rather fine Bond theme is enough to get my dot in their circle.

In other Simon Bates news, I wonder if he was admonished for giving George Michael's I Want Your Sex its full title instead of the truncated BBC edict 'I Want'' of previous chart rundowns? A complete dud of a tip envisioning Broken English as the future of music as well. They did remind me of the Stones and as we know much nineties success was based around looking back to the sixties, but not to this sound.

A travesty Simple Minds turning something from their 24 carat and unique New Gold Dream into standard stadium rock.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Quite a decent show compared to some we've had to endure this summer of 87.

I almost went for A-ha, but CKTC shaded it for me.

I dont know whats happening with Simple Minds but the version of the song they are playing on TOTP is not the one I am familiar with.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

Everything'sRosie
I voted for CKTC too. Good song, and the video featured Andy Warhol.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

Another good show i thought, very nearly went for ABC, Curiosity Killed The Cat, or Black had it not been a breaker, but instead i voted for the Pet Shop Boys, cracking tune and one of my favourites by them.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

The Rubberband Man
Performance of the night for the second show running came from the Pet Shop Boys.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

Mikey
Darkly dramatic synth pop from the PSBs bang on form here (is that a gregorian chant in the background), probably my second favourite of theirs after Heart. The only problem is the last minute is not included in the performance, not their fault though i guess.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

NickGregory92
I went for PSB - timeless classic that sounds just as good some 32 years later.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87

Who's That Hurll
My vote has gone across the Atlantic.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/07/87