Use this thread for comments on the show and also to vote on your favourite performance. We will no longer have a separate thread which previewed and reviewed the show. Once the show has been screened by BBC4 use the Nabble poll below to cast your vote. Im not messing about removing video clips and breakers from the poll listing, if you want to vote for them then please do. I will just copy and paste the `Popscene` run-down for every show some 24 hours before broadcast.

This show is introduced by Simon Bates & Richard Skinner and is first screened Friday 9th Feb at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Only just noticed the record in the play-out. Funny how some tracks that Legs danced to come back for a second go. I seem to remember a Bob Marley song (Waiting In Vain ?) that they danced to entering the charts again well into the 80s.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

...That's the trouble with 1985, thanks to our transatlantic friends it sounds too much like 1985.

I've voted for a good clubbing number from The Cool Notes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Not a great deal on this show to interest me. The only thing that did was Glenn Frey. Not because of the track, but because im sure the girl on Sax was a member of one of my favourite bands from the 80s, namely The Belle Stars. Im sure she is Clare Hirst, who played Tenor sax in the band and has gone on to have a fine musical career appearing with lots of big names. Anyway, i voted for `The Heat Is On`.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

We've obviously skipped a few weeks as last night's Numero Uno has slipped to Number 20. Some good stuff coming up going by the lower reaches of the chart, Dream Academy and The Rah Band. I hate that Bailey/Collins song, sort of thing you would programme a computer to write. And that geezer from REO Speedwagon was sporting the mother of all mullets. Scary.

I'm going with The Cool Notes too.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Gorgeous Daze
A big pity as far as I'm concerned to see The Damned peaking at No.21 with their Madness-inspired music hall moment 'Grimly Fiendish' without a TOTP performance.

But they're back with a new single produced by the legendary Tony Visconti! I thought it was a bit commercial for them but it's grown on me a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAiukuKL34

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Only just noticed the record in the play-out. Funny how some tracks that Legs danced to come back for a second go.
Gets my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Went for a great Phyllis Nelson tune, though David Grant & Jaki Graham brought back memories too, and Bryan Adams only missed out because I try to go for appearances over breaker snippets.

Edit: missed an 'l' from Phyllis.
This week, I are be mostly watching the third place play-off

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

PattiforPM
I'm at the kaffeeklatsch with you and Phyllis this time CT

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Everything'sRosie
You know how it is, you wait all that time for an Eagle on the show, and then two....

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Legsfan
I really liked the playout. All I could think about was the Legs & Co routine, so for the happy memories I will give Third World my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Gorgeous Daze wrote
But they're back with a new single produced by the legendary Tony Visconti! I thought it was a bit commercial for them but it's grown on me a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAiukuKL34
Good to have them back - they're become the Gothfathers of Rock.
Amazing video as well.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Phyllis Nelson - sounds like the name of a granny on a council estate - and she doesn't exactly look like a pop star either- but when she wrote Move Closer, she must have been truly inspired. Surely one of the great love songs of all time. Gets my vote.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Two or three decent acts on this weeks show, great to see Glenn Frey, David Grant and Jacki Graham were good too, but my vote goes to the superb Phyllis Nelson.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Lee A
David Grant and Jackie Graham get my vote. Great performance; lovely song which I still listen to, to this day.

Even in an uninspiring field I'm surprised how this in going. Have we been infiltrated by One for the Mums?

GD I can put you in touch with your inner slow dancing soul creature for a small fee

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Gorgeous Daze
Please do P4PM, only use the small fee to buy a different record.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

Who's That Hurll
Firstly we had an eagle in Summer, now we have second one who's feeling the heat.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/04/85

I voted for Glenn Frey.
12