This show is presented by (Gary Davies) and is first screened Friday 9th Nov at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

zenon
Will the s word in Holiday Rap be bleeped out this time unlike the original broadcast?

Looks a good line up tonight.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

I was very tempted to go for the Holiday Rap thing. Maybe i was more interested in trying to get an eyeful of the 2 girl dancers. Anyway in the end i went with The Communards. Who would have thought that the keyboardist would later go on to be a vicar ! Guess you lot already know that anyway.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

The Rubberband Man
Although he wasn't in the studio, I'm going for Farley 'Jackmaster' Funk with Love Can't Turn Around. Legendary performance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

Gorgeous Daze
Holiday Rap was an absolute joke. The worst thing about it is it wasn't an intended joke. Those that bought it should have left it behind in Benidorm. It was as if the return of dancers after such a long absence was given in shame-faced compensation.

After all that exhausting energy put into his performance I feel Mr Pandy really earned my vote over the hair-metallers. Good sound too. Wonder if he had a brother called Andrew?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

CoffeeThing
Went for Bon Jovi out of this lot though The Communards were close.

The taller of the two Holiday Rappers reminds me of the over the top holiday rep character in Only Fools when Rodney won the holiday for an under 16s painting competition.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

Just seen the program again, so I,'ve voted for the Communards.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

CoffeeThing wrote
The taller of the two Holiday Rappers reminds me of the over the top holiday rep character in Only Fools when Rodney won the holiday for an under 16s painting competition.
They're like something Sacha Baron Cohen would dream up, it beggars belief it's not a spoof. What a pair of pr*ts.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

   Do they play 'Holiday Rap' at UKIP conventions- 'to encourage the others'? Where can we buy a snazzy cardigan like M C Miker G wore? And does anyone on here own up to buying this after a trip to Benidorm in the 1980s? Can we come round and knee-cap you? Some of my idle thoughts on watching that, unspeakable, act. But we did have a little dance routine as compensation. What would Legs and Co have made of this?
  Farley 'Jackmaster' Funk or Darryl Pandy, which one was it? On and over the stage looking like a member of the 'Starship Enterprise' to me. A very lively and energetic performance.
  Not an episode enjoyed much by me and not very sure who to pick from these bands- Communards, FGTH and Bon Jovi. And having voted for Bruce Hornsby before, I want to choose some else. Bon Jovi I cannot take seriously, despite the success they have had over the years. And were they real dollars that Holly Johnson and all were casting about the stage? Communards almost did it for me, though I much prefer Thelma Houston's version. What has happened to Jimmy Somerville, as I cannot remember hearing much about him lately*.
  So, in the end, I have decided to go for the 'Star Trek escapee'. 'Beam Me Up, Scottie' as Captain Kirk never said.

  *Yes, I could do an online search, as we have the modern technology, but can't be arsed!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

Who's That Hurll
I'm in no rusk to vote just yet, but I'll give it to Farley's tune.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

Another poor show again tonight, with nothing really appealing to me when deciding who to vote for. Bon Jovi far too full of themselves for me, FGTH passed it by this point of their career, and not really a fan of the Communards track either, so i've gone for Farley ‘Jackmaster’ Funk, mainly because of his enthusiasm and over the top performance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

Michael
Not a great week, but the Jackmaster 'lifted' my spirits ;-)

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

Err, not really my cup of tea, but Mr F J Funk wins it, though i suspect thats not his real name.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 04/09/86

Err, not really my cup of tea, but Mr F J Funk wins it, though i suspect thats not his real name.
Whatever his real name he's a harbinger of the Chart Invasion Of The Jacks. Would have made a good Dr Who storyline.
Steve