This show is presented by (Andy Crane & Mark Goodier) and is first screened Friday 10th January at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

Michael
Boy Meets Girl are my winners from this show. Not my usual fare, but there’s something about this song I really enjoy.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

It was going to be Erasure for me until Neneh Cherry came on
A lot of this show was like turkey left over from Christmas
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

Gorgeous Daze
I seem to be stuck in a loop voting for Neneh Cherry and Buffalo Stance. But hey, that ain't so bad while we wait for the year to really get going.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

NickGregory92
Like many other January editions of TOTPs, there’s always a hangover from the previous year in terms of the songs featured on the show, a lot of ‘leftover Christmas turkey’ indeed. However, it was good to see the show itself get a much needed refresh, especially with the new opening credits and chart rundown sequences.

My vote this week goes to Boy Meets Girl.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

This weeks show started off alright, but after the third act things went rapidly down hill, i'm not sure if i voted for her last time, but my vote goes to Kim Wilde.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

CoffeeThing
Kim Wilde. Splendid.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

 It’s Kylie! It’s Jason! It’s number 1!! YAYYYYYYYY!!! Sorry, I was just overcome with grief. Though my real thoughts were that if Kylie and Andy Bell from Erasure had exchanged waistcoats, would anyone had noticed the difference?
 Were Duran Duran appearing in their own horror picture?  Bejaysus the frightened the wits out of me! And was Gloria throwing her own knickers into the crowd? I wish I had been there then.
 I was very tempted to vote for The Four Tops and Loco In Acapulco again. It is not often you can see old Mexican films- was that Jorge Negrete?- and England winning the World Cup in the same video.
  And a reasonably good show with Andy and Mark, but couldn’t the audience be a bit more animated? We hardly got a peep out of them the whole time.
  But no, it has to be pistols at dawn between Kim Wilde and Neneh Cherry from this show. On whose side shall I fall? I liked both performances. Kim looking very stylish and Neneh and her backing vocalists were very entertaining.
  I may not be as besotted over Kim as some on here, but I will volunteer to be her second in this shoot out. Kim and Neneh standing back to back would be quite a sight. Would it not?
Mel

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

Mel
I must be honest I'm not a great lover of 80's music, but having said that, there were some artists and songs in that decade that did appeal to me. I watched both episodes of TOTP's 89 screenings last night and am now chewing them over.

Going to give these polls a go
M6
rod

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

rod
   Not my sort of songs but one I do like is Gloria Estefan mainly because I am a fan of Latin American music.
                      Keep The Faith.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

Who's That Hurll
Although it has it's irritating moments, I went for 'Buffalo Stance'. I thought this second performance, with the two South American- styled dancers was a lot more memorable.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

Just voted for Kim Wilde, not a great show for me.
Mel

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89

Mel
Got to be Boy meets Girl for me. I do like the song, It's got a pop rock feel about it. I like the change of key that brings the sax solo in, also sax is my favourite wind instrument.
M6

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/01/89