This show is presented by (Gary Davies & Janice Long) and is first screened Friday 1st Feb at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Seems to be quite a lot of old tunes on the show.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Mel & Kim.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Gorgeous Daze
Not taken with the run of oldies in the charts. But Stand By Me is an exception and the week has come when it gets a deserved vote. Pretty good film too, adapted from the Stephen King story 'The Body' and, despite the ominous title, as can be gleaned from the clips in the video not of the Horror genre that he's best known for.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Michael
Quite a contrast to the last poll: pretty much every song is a 'hit the track skip button' for me. Its two saving graces (imo) are Mel & Kim, and the Christians, the latter of whom get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Dancer
Went for Al Jarreau, Moonlighting.  A lovely track.  Still sounds fab now as it did then.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

NickGregory92
My vote goes to the late great Al Jarreau, an underrated song you don’t hear very often on the radio these days.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

 Nothing for me to get too wildly excited in this edition. And I am struggling to maintain my new found enthusiasm for the 80s when served up with stuff like this which is as appealing to me as a five day old salad.
I like the old tunes and songs in themselves, but finding so many here seems a reflection on the music industry looking too far into itself at the time. Possibly because an old song had just been a hit like Reet Petite, record companies would release other old hits to capitalise. Of course that would not apply to Stand By Me as being from a film that would have been scheduled long before.
Not being enamoured by any of the studio performances, I have not chosen any. I am tired of the Stand By Me video by now, and  have also passed over the closing When A Man Loves A Woman one as well.
I have gone for a breaker this time, as I might not choose any of them again. I made a final two of Jackie Wilson and Freddie Mercury. The ‘I Get The Sweetest Feeling ‘ was a sweet video, and I did consider it, but ultimately went for the sight of old time vocalist Freddie, plus how many Freddie’s in drag as the back up singers. Of the three, it looked to me like at least two of them were our Mr. Mercury. Is that right, I ask?
I hope that 1987 will get better, or are we in a long slow spiral to mediocrity in the charts by now?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Tough choice this week, I would like to have been able to pick the "Breakers" en masse as they are all sensationally good, but I'll go with Al Jarreau, great song even though his miming is a little dodgy
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Mel & Kim.
+ 1

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

A very poor show this week i thought, i usually like Erasure but this isn't one of my favourites so i went for the only other act that appealed to me, A-ha, a great track.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

GiLuRo wrote
A very poor show this week i thought, i usually like Erasure but this isn't one of my favourites
Yeah, i thought Andy Bell looked a bit of a twerp with his dancing. May have looked good back then, but not so much now.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

PattiforPM
I almost voted for the Christians but I really am agnostic and Mel and Kim were the best to watch so that's where my vote went.  BTW is that Mel or Kim on the left cos she's the better dancer?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Kim was on the left of screen. Sadly by early 1987 Mel's illness was starting to take effect. As a duo they only make one more TOTPs studio appearance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

PattiforPM
Thanks for the info Ryan, sorry I didn't know about the illness

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

CoffeeThing
I liked a few this week and The Christians would have got my vote but for memories of my first real love and one particular summer. So Jackie Wilson gets my vote as it used to make her think of us. Off to puke now, sorry chaps!
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Who's That Hurll
I'm a Norwegian in New York.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

I went for this poll the artist Freddie mercury.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/03/87

Everything'sRosie
I voted for Forgotten Town, a terrific record which should have got higher in the chart imho. Maybe people just bought the album instead, which sold really well if I remember correctly.