This show is presented by (Gary Davies & Simon Bates) and is first screened Fri 5th Oct at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

Gorgeous Daze
A consecutive decent show. I like a lot of the Pet Shop Boys songs but somehow I don't enjoy watching them nearly so much. Especially when Chris is looking like Ali G gone 'homeless'. I thought I would end up voting for New Shooz but the video became increasingly annoying. (And where was the other half?)  So the most satisfying performance came from Doctor and the Medics, so it's a well-earned vote for them.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

Didn't enjoy this one as much as last evenings. Although Chris Lowe looked a total pillock, the song is really good so my vote goes to the Pet Shop Boys.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

The Rubberband Man
It's Pet Shop Boys for me

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

Two great cover versions performed brilliantly in the studio stood out for me this week. It was very close between Doctor & the Medics and Simply Red. The Doc's performance was most flamboyant, but the red one got the vote for the soulful live vocal. Decent show for the 80s I thought.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

PattiforPM
CoffeeThing wrote
the red one got the vote for the soulful live vocal
Me too

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

  I was wondering during this edition what number a Legs/Pans type dance troupe could dance to, if such a group had existed on TOTPs at the time. We know that Pan's People danced several times  to the original 'Spirit In The Sky' so that would work. But I fancied to imagine a Flick choreographed routine for 'Holding Back The Years', bloody good it was too! Pity no one else will ever see it!
  Back in the real world, Mick does an impressive version of this song. Very engaging to watch.  I see that the Doctor and the Medics' backing dancers now have long blonde wigs as they go through their admirable movements. I was almost won over again by their charm, those winsome brothers Anadin.
  Where was the male member of Nu Shooz? Or should we take the hint that the lady is a daughter of Hecate and had turned him into the fish seen being removed from a pot. Not wanting to vote for the Pet Shop Boys- even if Chris Lowe could have got dressed properly, nor the implausible sounding Cashflow. Did it dry up after this hit?
  So I am back to Simply Red and 'Voice of the People' Mick. Yes, they win my vote this time. As I close my eyes and relive the wonderful routine Flick set up for this- all in my head.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

Just voted for Doctor and the Medics a nice cover of a fab song.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

This weeks show wasn't a patch on recent episodes, with only three contenders for getting my vote, Simply Red and The Pet Shop Boys were both good performances, but i have to go for Doctor & The Medics with their flamboyant performance, what a joy to watch.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

Who's That Hurll
I voted for Dr Jackson & co's spirited performance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/86

zenon
After an uninspiring start, this show blew me away from Simply Red onwards. Dr and the Medics sounded amazing in the atmosphere and a fantastic playout from Jaki but The Pet Shop Boys won it for me

You need to check out The Communards' Disenchanted which was at number 29 in the rundown and never got a play presumably now the show was permanently 30 minutes, really excellent.