This show is presented by (Gary Davies) and is first screened Thursday 7th March at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Everything'sRosie
Not much to interest me here. The continued superstardom of U2 is something I gave up trying to understand years ago. And Whitney Houston's hair extensions looked ridiculous, the record's rubbish too. Thank goodness little Sam Fox turned up at the end.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Atrocious show, nothing but tripe from start to finish. I favour nothing, but if i had to vote for anything, i suppose it would be Sam Fox.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

The Rubberband Man
I thought that was the best show of the year, so far.
Erasure, U2, Suzanne Vega, Beastie Boys all good, but nothing's going to stop me giving my vote to Samantha Fox, and her Sunseeker XPS 34 motorboat.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Old Grey Whistler
A fabulous song from U2 has to win surely?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

 I admit to watching this edition with only half an eye, as I was busy with other more  interesting matters. And even half an eye felt wasted on a very poor show.
I really do not feel the need to compose a lengthy review for this show, so I will add only that I have picked Pepsi and Shirlie as my choice this time. I can offer no supporting reason for this apart from I liked their performance best.
My favourite song would have been ‘I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For ‘ as long as I do not have to see U2 themselves.
Will the charts ever get any better? Probably  not with all the SAW hits now queuing up to take over the universe, like aliens.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Gorgeous Daze
I thought this show was patchy but not so bad as some thought. Luka is a quality song and one of those that deserve strong consideration even as a mere Breaker. I think Whitney looks great in the video and I was prepared to vote for her again until along comes Sam Fox with one of her more electronic numbers and I'm won over as the credits roll. She appears to be motoring away with this but I expect U2 aren't done with yet...

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

CoffeeThing
U2 for me this week.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

I didn't think this show was too bad to be honest, considered voting for Erasure or Sam Fox but decided on U2, looked like the lads had fun making the video, along with the bemused public, and it's off one of their classic albums too.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

I went for the best written song for me. But again this show wasn't great for me. So Suzanne Vega gets my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

PattiforPM
Sam Fox vs U2!?  Am I in some kind of alternative Universe?

Indeed, one is an insightful, creative, socially-conscious juggernaut, while the other is a pop group from Ireland

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

PattiforPM
LOL Sam Fox is Irish?  Honestly I do see and understand the Bono effect everywhere including in Canada among my music loving friends but surely U2 did make some very fine songs and I think this is one of their very best.  I almost thought some of you might be sort of "anti-Anthem anti-Stadium-filler" but then I think of how the Who and Queen are so popular and so I guess that's not it either.  I rather uncomfortably feel like I'm into a defend the billionaire megastar habit here but there it is

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

VintageVideos
I'd rather see Sam Fox but I'd rather listen to U2.
If I only had one love yours would be the one I'd choose

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Id rather not see a tie-break situation.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Who's That Hurll
I was going to vote for Suzanne Vega, but I'd rather the globetrotting vixen beat the stadium rockers.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Oh well done WTH on preventing a tie-break

and well done Sam Fox on denying the Holier Than Thou Bono and his three mates.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Old Grey Whistler
This is one of those occasions when democracy feels like a really bad idea.  I'm logging off in disgust and will play my Joshua Tree album for the rest of the evening.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Always glad to prevent those irritating, time-consuming tie-breaks.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 05/06/87

Unbelievable.  Can I come over OGW?