Use this thread for comments on the show and also to vote on your favourite performance. We will no longer have a separate thread which previewed and reviewed the show. Once the show has been screened by BBC4 use the Nabble poll below to cast your vote. Im not messing about removing video clips and breakers from the poll listing, if you want to vote for them then please do. I will just copy and paste the `Popscene` run-down for every show some 24 hours before broadcast.

This show is introduced by Janice Long & John Peel and is first screened Thursday 8th Feb at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Madonna was very much the hottest thing going back in 85 and she is easily my pick for this. But i have to say that i haven't really liked her or any of her records since.

Just on something else. I couldn't help but notice on the show 2 or 3 double entendres of a sexual nature from our friend John Peel. He certainly wouldn't have been able to get away with any of that in today's sensitive climate. Then again, i wonder what the feminists would have made of Material Girl Madonna.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Everything'sRosie
Shaky had certainly had his oats tonight. Not really much to recommend this show though. I know the poor sod's just cashed in his chips, but didn't David Cassidy have one of those faces you just wanted to slap. Not an edition I'll watch again, but if I'd have been there I might have gone along with Peely to that Fall gig afterwards. I've never done this before, but I'm going with the play-out track, about the only thing in the Hall and Oates back catalogue I actually like.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

A so-so sort sort of edition for the time.

Despite appearing to have regenerated into an end-of-the-pier cabaret singer David Cassidy was good enough to get my vote. As I think he would have without the extra weight of his recent passing.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Just on something else. I couldn't help but notice on the show 2 or 3 double entendres of a sexual nature from our friend John Peel. He certainly wouldn't have been able to get away with any of that in today's sensitive climate. Then again, i wonder what the feminists would have made of Material Girl Madonna.
I just knew what his basic response to Janice saying she had David Cassidy on her wall would be! Still made me laugh/wince.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Everything'sRosie wrote
Shaky had certainly had his oats tonight.
Yeah i laid into Springsteen the other week for his dancing but the 37 year old Shaky took it to a new level of silliness. Wasn't it around this time he attacked Richard Madeley ?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Difficult to choose a best performance this week as I didn’t find anything on the show all that inspiring

Show got off to a bad start with Shaky’s dad dancing, and Jermaine Jackson and David Cassidy are not on my radar.

Why was Pete Burns wearing an eye patch? Because he’d recently had a nose job (the first of many). He wore the eye patch to cover the bruising

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

CoffeeThing
Some of tonight's offerings reminded me of the dross we endured back then amongst some real gems. I enjoyed Dead or Alive's performance but I was a massive David Cassidy fan as a very small child, with Daydreamer/The Puppy Song, along with Slade's Cum on Feel the Noise being my first ever singles. Oddly for a young boy, he was on my wall as well as Janice Long's, until his poster got usurped by my hormones and the utterly lovely late teen aged Nastassja Kinski. Anyway, David gets my vote.
This week, I are be mostly old

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

 Wasn't it around this time he attacked Richard Madeley ?
WHAT!!! I knew nothing of this. My admiration for ol' Shaky has just gone up to Lulu's level.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

PattiforPM
The Material Girl for me against a rather barren landscape

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Everything'sRosie wrote
RYAN wrote
 Wasn't it around this time he attacked Richard Madeley ?
WHAT!!! I knew nothing of this. My admiration for ol' Shaky has just gone up to Lulu's level.
Yes, it tends to feature in those 'Most Shocking TV Moments' type shows. I'm no fan of Richard Madeley but I have to say the 'provocation' was simply a fair basic description he was making. Even if he did dishonestly clarify saying 'act is in' instead of 'acting in'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpjxfQDHnyo

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

The Rubberband Man
Gorgeous Daze wrote

It looks like Shaky's crossed a [white] line there

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Everything'sRosie
Indeed, I think Shaky was a bit high. I think Madely was more "shaken" than he was letting on.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Nothing of much interest for me in this weeks show to be honest, Madonna was the best and gets my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

The Rubberband Man
Madonna

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

NickGregory92
Happy 50th, Shakey!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Yeah i laid into Springsteen the other week for his dancing but the 37 year old Shaky took it to a new level of silliness. Wasn't it around this time he attacked Richard Madeley ?
I've always liked Shaky, we come from the same city, but he just looked like an idiot tonight. Like a teenager who cant dance so to get everyone to look at him just goes mad. Not good Shakes.

I went for David Cassidy - a long forgotten song, in fact I think somewhere in the recesses of my mind I'd mistakenly remembered it as a Cliff Richard song - anyway, I liked hearing it again.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Mikey
Madge

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Just vote so went for my favourite Madonna track.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/03/85

Who's That Hurll
I was going to vote for 'Material Girl' even though it's not one of my favourite Madonna tracks, but as her lead is so commanding I'll give the energetic Shaky another vote.