Once the show has been screened by BBC4 use the Nabble poll below to cast your vote. Any comments on the show go here also. Thanks to POPSCENE for the listings.

This show is introduced by (Peter Powell & Steve Wright) and is first screened Friday 8th June at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

The only thing i really enjoyed was watching the audience girls dancing to the play-out track, though ive forgotten the tune already.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

A better show than yesterday.

One of the best we've heard from UB40 for a very long time. They felt the empty-handed consequences of going more synth-based though! Level 42 are just preferred. Trust Powell to call it Something About You Baby. Fool! I think I need to play the whole thing before agreeing with him that the Stairway To Heaven cover works or considering it a Big abomination. Somehow I barely noticed it at the time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

Everything'sRosie
Stairway To Heaven was bad enough done by Led Zepplin, but a cover version, no sir. I went with Something About You, a terrific single.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

PattiforPM
I'm going for Talking Heads which was the theme to my fateful trip to NZ at the time.  ER I have to totally disagree with you about the love-worthy STH by Led Zep but you're entitled etc

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

Legsfan
After this edition, 1978 Big Hits was on BBC Four. I really like it that we're two years past Legs' BBC Four tenure and we still see the lovely ladies on the TV, in fact over 40 years since they were originally performing some of these songs. It made my day watching Summer Nights again.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

CoffeeThing
A-ha by a whisker from Level 42. Fairly forgettable show for me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

The Rubberband Man
The Far Corporation was one of the worst things I've ever seen or heard, musically speaking, for a long time. How could they destroy such a classic song? And then Peter Powell comes on saying as a cover, he thinks it works!   No, no, no, it doesn't Peter.

My vote goes to Talking Heads, We're on the road to nowhere.... because we are.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Legsfan wrote
After this edition, 1978 Big Hits was on BBC Four. I really like it that we're two years past Legs' BBC Four tenure and we still see the lovely ladies on the TV, in fact over 40 years since they were originally performing some of these songs. It made my day watching Summer Nights again.
Rosie definitely got the short end of the stick with the choice of partners lookswise! so good to watch again
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I wont vote for a breaker otherwise it would definitely have been the outstanding Talking Heads song for me. As it was I went for A-ha.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

The Rubberband Man wrote
How could they destroy such a classic song?
Well FAR actually stands for German record producer and singer Frank Farian who also created Boney M & Milli Vanilli. Maybe that helps to answer your question...

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

NickGregory92
My vote goes to the man with the £3m thumb (aka Mark King) and Level 42. Great song from a terrific album.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

Who's That Hurll
I went for the great video previously and this time I'll take the studio performance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

VintageVideos wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote
I found the cover version less painful to the ears than the tortuous original. I do like Led Zeppelin songs - but not that one.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

PattiforPM
Mr Hurll you and I have so many difference in taste I think we need a cage match!  How on Earth you can prefer this this to the classic original is utterly beyond me

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

I thought this was another good show, a great track and performance by Level 42 so they get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

PattiforPM wrote
Mr Hurll you and I have so many difference in taste I think we need a cage match!  How on Earth you can prefer this this to the classic original is utterly beyond me
I'm with PattiforPM here. Stairway to Heaven is a masterpiece, with deep and enduring meanings, and the Led Zeppelin version is played with absolute sentiment and passion. The Far Corporation version is only about the production and how much money they can cash in on this song.
There's a Stairway To Heaven and a Highway To Hell, and The Far Corporation is on the latter.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

I went for Road to Nowhere.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

Hanway2
First time I have joined in on these polls. I trust that I have not intruded too much!
I have chosen - what used to be described as - a power ballad, mainly because I fancied the singer at the time, now larger forgotten I feel. And that is not David Byrne, Aretha Franklin or any member of A-ha! Have a soft spot for Annie Lennox though, but it is not her either.
At this point in the mid 80s I watched TOTPs with a feeling of wistful nostalgia, as I often said to myself it used to be a lot better than this. And that included the lack of Dancing Queens.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 07/11/85

Hanway2 wrote
First time I have joined in on these polls. I trust that I have not intruded too much!
It could be im simply missing your point Hanway in regards to intruding. But internet forums like this depend on their survival on members contributing whether that be in the shape of posts, comments or taking part in polls. Basically what im trying to say is please intrude all you want. I just wished the other 95% of our members would also.