This show is presented by (Mike Read & Andy Crane) and is first screened Thursday 31st October at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

PattiforPM
Lol has to be the most polarized Group vs Title ever for Anthrax

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

Marc Almond.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

The Proclaimers – “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)”

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

CoffeeThing
I enjoyed Jane Wiedlin again but The Proclaimers get my vote this week.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

 I struggled to decide who to vote for this time.
 Could I choose Jane Wiedlin again and her lovely dolphin army, ready to take on the World? In many ways I would like to, but  it is a video, and I try to avoid them. Same applies to Gloria Estefan, but without the dolphins, but with an added twerp in attendance. He can’t be the object of her affections can he?
 It’s MJ and a wildly over the top enthusiastic audience. Certainly that was not me in 1988. Phil Collins at number 1 with the old Mindbenders song A Groovy Kind Of Love, written by Carole Bayer Sager and another no less. I would sooner hear the older version too. Phil cuts no ice for me.
 Spagna and forgettable song hold no interest either. Yello  and The Race is a catchy and quirky track which might appeal if in the right frame of mind. Happy and accepting, not me at all.  Are Yello the oldest people ever to appear on Top Of The Pops. It must be yes!
 Here’s Bill Medley throttling He Ain’t Heavy...... , Anthrax strangling whatever it is they are playing and the Reid brothers, unbridled vocals and shiny, reflective glasses,  I am sure their turn will come.
 No, I did not think I would choose it at first, but this week my vote goes to Marc Almond and Tears Run Rings, a cool and stately performance, and a trumpeter dressed like a cricket umpire. Very happy to vote for Marc here, as he took a leading role in the wonderful Sandy Denny tribute concert I went to many years ago.
 Introduced by a French Matelot and another umpire it seems. Or was Andy Crane that trumpeter? Surely not!! Is he that versatile?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

Quite a good show. I appreciated Yello, Phil Collins and The Proclaimers but my vote goes to the excellent Gloria Estefan & MSM.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

Gloria Estefan for me.
I also liked Spagna,Phil Collins & Jane Wiedlin.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

Fairly decent show this week, i liked Spagna, almost voted for Phil Collins, but have to say i thought Marc Almond was fantastic with a song i'd forgotten about, so he gets my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

Everything'sRosie
I was tempted to go for the lovely Jane splashing around at Windsor Safari Park, and I thought Yello were great too. But I like to go for studio performances whenever possible, so my vote goes to a much changed Marc Almond and a superb record I can honestly say I've never heard before.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

Gorgeous Daze
My vote goes to the Southport boy. Around this time Marc had become about as close to mainstream entertainer as he's ever got, and truth be told consequently he was just beginning to lose a little appeal for me. Always rated Tears Run Rings though.

Quite a good show overall, Yello and Jane Wiedlin being serious challengers to Marc. A shame Jane forgot to pack her LBD for TOTP!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

Michael
Hello Ryan

Well, seeing as I've previously voted for Jane Weidlin, this week I'm going to give the rather quirky Yello my support.

A little aside: In 1972, Dieter Meier, Yello's vocalist, installed a commemorative plaque at the railway station in Kassel (Germany) which read: "On 23 March 1994, from 3 to 4 pm, Dieter Meier will stand on this plaque". He honored the promise 22 years later.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

Everything'sRosie
I read about this elsewhere on t'internet, Michael. Glad to hear he kept his word.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

NickGregory92
Given that I can’t bear the thought of Jane Wiedlin getting nil pois in this week’s poll, my vote goes to Rush Hour.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

Who's That Hurll
An easy ride to the chequered flag for Yello.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88

I went for Marc Almond.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 08/09/88