This show is presented by (Gary Davies & Simon Mayo) and is first screened Friday 23rd Nov at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Hanway2
  They don’t look like Wilson, Keppel and Betty!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

I must say that this show was a good one tonight Ryan.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

The Rubberband Man
Great to see a very young looking Simon Mayo making a slightly nervous appearance on his TOTPs debut.

I liked “Walk Like An Egyptian” and I also liked “You Can Call Me Al”. I wasn’t overall enthralled by the stuff in between, though Madonna’s “True Blue” was ok.

As that was the last time we’ll see Paul Simon on TOTPs, and The Bangles make another appearance, I’m voting for “You Can Call Me Al”.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Everything'sRosie
Never really cared for Walk Like An Egyptian (much preferred Egyptian Reggae ) and with no other serious contenders it's an easy choice for me to go with the legendary Paul Simon.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Never liked The Bangles song,i much preferred Manic Monday & Eternal Flame.I like Paul Simon's song,and the video is all good fun.But in the end i voted for Madonna.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

PattiforPM
I keep voting for the Boss's nemeses sorry.  Paul Simon for me this time

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

  Oh yes. The Boris Gardiner pincer movement. No sooner than one track starts going down, you launch another into the charts. Very effective and repeated by countless others over the years. Boris you Master strategist and tactician you!
 How many animals were harmed in the making of this programme? With the amount of males clad in leather here, it would seem quite a lot. That is you Paul Young, and you Julian Cope and band. Unless you were wearing fake leather. Shocking if you were, call yourself rock stars. And didn’t Gary Davies’s joke fall flat.
Who watches any soaps among the OFTDs illuminati? Certainly not me. And I haven’t seen an episode of Eastenders for many many years. I watched for the first month, thought it was rubbish and have not bothered again. All soaps are xxxxxx. In my own honest opinion, as the saying goes. Also, I have no stomach for soap actors as pop stars either. So,  Nick Berry , away with the fairies with you!
Which one was Howard Jones? Yes, I know but would it have been better if he was in the mask as well? As worn by the dancers behind him as well.
 I am at work right now, so I think I am allowed to be grumpy. But this was a reasonably good show. Hosted by Gary and a very young Simon Mayo.
What should I pick here. I was tempted by a very perplexed looking Paul Simon and his ‘wacky’ video with Chevy Chase. Is Paul a good actor, or is working with CC such a chore? Entertaining enough. Or Madonna with a nice throwback of a number and video, with the 60s theme.
Or by the Bangles and their Egyptian number. Hmm. I am not sure anyone clearly walked away with the prize this week. But the Bangles do it for me. Back then, and a still a little today. Oh Susanna! As the song by Stephen Foster goes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Gorgeous Daze
The Arch Drude Julian Cope is awesome. I have great respect for him both as a musician and antiquarian. So much so that he beats The Bangles! Who'd imagine watching this that he'd go on to write probably the most magnificent book on British prehistoric monuments ever published? This interest crossed over into his music, to beneficial effect, and with a leaning towards Earth Mysteries it has a resonance for anyone for whom childhood viewing of series such as Children Of The Stones and The Changes left an impression.

I had no recollection of either the Paul Young or Howard Jones numbers. Unsurprisingly in the case of PY as his songs soon just drifted past, but Howard's sounded quite good.

Another good one from the unstoppable Madonna and nice girlie-friends in the video. I'll have the one in Coventry City blue. Despite the lofty crime that is Every Loser Wins (whatever happened to manning-the-rural-Nick Berry?) this was a quality show.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

NickGregory92
Considering there was no breakers segment, I thought this was a very good show this week.

I particularly enjoyed the performances from Julian Cope (and his rather unusual looking microphone stand) and Howard Jones, not to mention the Paul Simon video at the end of the show.

My vote goes to Howard Jones with what would be his last ever Top 40 song in the U.K. charts.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

CoffeeThing
Never thought I would vote for anything but The Bangles, but the genius of Paul Simon got my vote despite the lovely ladies being in the studio.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Great show this week, and i have to admit that after watching the Bangles i thought that's where my vote was going, nothing's going to eat this! But i was wrong, after a couple of decent acts along comes Paul Simon, with a fantastic video and song, so he gets my vote, well, maybe the Bangles next time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Who's That Hurll
I sphinx I'll go for the Bangles.

I was never keen on Madonna with the white-blonde hair. I much prefer her early "Boy Toy" look.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Michael
I wonder if there'll be a sympathy vote for Nick Berry? It won't be coming from me, that's for sure!

Mr Cope nearly got my vote, but he was pipped to the post by Mr Simon. The chorus of "World Shut Your Mouth" is just a bit too 'shouty' for my liking...

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

 This weeks show looks like a duel in the sun between The Bangles and Paul Simon. Will Rhymin’ Simon get the nod or will the Los Angelinas win the bun fight?
Pistols at dawn anyone?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

I went and voted for Paul Simon, for the record come from a great album from the eighties.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Gorgeous Daze
I thought The Bangles would, well, walk it. I won't be able to Cope if there's a tie-break.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Gorgeous Daze wrote
I thought The Bangles would, well, walk it.
So did i. The excellent Bangles in the TOTPs studio versus a tired old promo video weve all seen a 100 times. No contest in my book.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 09/10/86

Legsfan
I voted for The Bangles.
Don't worry I'm still here!