This show is presented by (Simon Bates & Bruno Brookes) and is first screened Fri 19th Oct at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Doc
We get the return of ex Zoo dancer Sharon Haywoode tonight. She was a regular on the show in 1982.
Still living in 1979

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Everything'sRosie
After two excellent shows this was a bit of a duffer. If I had waited to watch it on iplayer I think my finger would have been hovering over the fast forward button. The best records were in the breaker section. I went with the Furniture track. I'm off now to go and kick some sand in Owen Paul's face.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Not a great selection. I did used to like that `Roses` record back then, so i will vote for that. But it was a show that has evaporated from my memory already.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

PattiforPM
Might be a breaker Show.....

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

I voted for one of the great voices in pop. And that is Steve Winwood in his pop period as he said in a documentary.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

  Well, I thought that was a bit of a stinker! No wonder I do not like 80s pop music- much!
I am having trouble singling out any of these for praising higher than the others. The studio efforts were very much not to my liking, an over energetic Midnight Star, Roxannne and the cartoon voices and Owen and his silly shirt and song, so I will not be picking any of them.
 Madonna was going through a period where she had a different hit every  month, it seems. Most of them good but not great, but seemingly so because of the standard of the opposition. And I would always prefer to listen to the Campbells dad and auntie-  Ian and Lorna of the terminally uncool Ian Campbell Folk Group, than the offsprings’ from UB40.
 I considered Haywoode and Furniture for reasonable songs. Or for Bananarama for the video of Venus- on behalf of Mariska  Veres, the singer with Shocking Blue and their superior version. But have gone for another breaker with the welcome reappearance of the 60s legend Steve Winwood, who seemed like a ghost from another era- all at the age of 38!
And at the time the even older Rod Stewart seemed like a geriatric still performing, at 41. ( Though it was worse in the 70s, I think. When any one over 30 in pop music was a dinosaur )!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

I'm giving UB40 a nod although I do like the Steve Winwood effort too.  Of the full length efforts only Venus is any good for me

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Gorgeous Daze
I've voted for Madonna. It had been many years since I'd seen the video and I enjoyed it more than I anticipated. Though no doubt it will soon start to pale all over again.

Agree with Bruno et al. about the quality of the Breakers. Also great to see Stan Ridgway emerging over the horizon!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Hoowayyyyyy! The wabbit kicked the bucket!!!!!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

NickGregory92
Not the greatest of shows this week. The first half was largely forgettable, but nevertheless the show improved from the breakers segment onwards.

Was very tempted to vote for Owen Paul’s one hit wonder, but I’ve gone for Steve Winwood’s ‘Higher Love’, a terrific song we will sadly never get to see again in the BBC 4 repeats.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Haywoode wore a similar red PVC dress the last time she was seen on TOTP back in January 85, performing Say Yeah with The Limit. Like her style!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Agreed, a pretty average show. I liked Furniture and very nearly went for Rod. I'm a big fan, but more of his early 70s music, this was good but not my favourite. I went for Owen Paul, I loved the song at the time and thought his studio appearance was full of joyful energy this week, clearly he was having great fun. What a shame he ended up a one hit wonder, like Simon Bates, I thought he was going to be really big back then.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

A bit of a washout this week as far as i'm concerned, i liked the Rod Stewart video and song but always try and go for a studio appearance, and as Owen Paul seemed to be having a great time with a song that i liked back in the day, he gets my vote this week.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Who's That Hurll
Furniture sounded the most polished to me, however I've decided to give Stevie the highest vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Michael
Didn’t know that Sharon Haywoode was part of Zoo, more to the point I didn’t make the connection.

I still listen to a few of her records, particularly “A Time Like This”

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Michael
Quite a few tracks here that I like, but my vote goes to the Material Girl - a superb piece of Pop, in my humble opinion.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Madonna just edges out Steve.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

Michael
Good call, all who voted for Madonna. A deserving victory, methinks. I wouldn’t call myself the world’s greatest Madonna fan, but I have the greatest respect for her, and admiration for the manner in which she’s constantly reinvented herself over the last 40 years.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 10/07/86

zenon
Furniture were my faves this week despite being a Breaker, shame they never got to perform it in the studio now it was an established 30 minute show. Bananarama and Owen Paul were good as well. Not a vintage show but I give it six out of ten.