This show is presented by (Simon Bates & Peter Powell) and is first screened Friday 8th March at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

The Rubberband Man
Is this a live TOTPs tonight? I'm not sure if Simes or PP mentioned it or not

This edition of TOTPs is coming from the tv theatre, and no audience about either.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

Everything'sRosie
A hip-hop heavy show introduced by...Simon Bates. C'mon, that is surreal. This was a struggle for me, forced to go with Jones the Voice and his revival of It's Not Unusual.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

  A few weeks ago I was criticising Tom Jones as a man out of his era. But he did all right here, although it was one of his better songs, from back in the 60s, and not something modern in 1987.
 An unusual show, with no audience, no dancers and no hangers on in the studio. And all video apart from John Farnham. Did they really need two presenters?
  Never been into Hip Hop, it all passes over my balding head, then and now. And Whitney and Jody with similarly themed videos. I wonder if it works if you play one song against the other video. I bet it does!
 God no. Bruce 'frigging' Willis, can't act, can't sing- perhaps he can dance a little. But do it somewhere else, Brucey Baby! Please!!
 David Coverdale- easy on the eye video, but all fluff and no fibre. I wonder if former bandmate Ritchie Blackmore approved of that sort of thing?
  ABC, I had not heard the song in yonks. And Johnny Logan, reminding me of someone else, but I cannot place the name. Neither of them catch my vote anyway.
  So, I am left with Dagenham born Australian John Farnham. Giving a very spirited and lively performance, him, the backing singers and band. Was it really live? Who knows, who cares? Well, I do, but not enough to take my vote away.
  Who does he cheer when he watches 'The Ashes'?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

CoffeeThing
It's Tricky reminds me of the amusing dance scene from the film Road Trip, and I quite enjoyed seeing the video. I liked the Bruce Willis version of Under the Boardwalk back then, and John Farnham's studio performance was very spirited. Come to think of it, I thought Johnny Logan's Eurovision offerings were okay too but then I used to watch it still when it was just about credible. I remember Jodi Watley playing in the background a lot from nights out back then too. Anyway, Tom Jones gets my vote.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

The Rubberband Man
A poor edition of TOTPs, with most of the performances being videos.
I'm going for the performers who found things a bit problematic when The Knack sued them in 2006 for sampling their 1979 hit “My Sharona” without permission.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

PattiforPM
Yep not much on here for me.  It's a bit dated I admit but John Farnham is pretty good and gets my vote for his spirited singing

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

Gorgeous Daze
Yes, that Johnny Farnham made an effort and created a bit of a live concert feel. On an edition like this that's good enough for his non-inspirational record to secure my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

Old Grey Whistler
Gorgeous Daze wrote
What do you mean non inspirational. It's a great song!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

Gorgeous Daze
You're The Voice was clearly intended as an inspirational anthem and in that aim it's undoubtedly a mega success. But I'm unmoved by the kind of thing deployed to rouse the emotions in the likes of Magnum P. I. and Baywatch and the best I can say for it is it's alright for AOR. Each to their own, of course.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

Not one of the best shows by any means, i'd have votes for Tom Jones if had been a full studio performance, so instead my vote goes to John Farnham, not a bad song really.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

Just voted for Tom Jones, but still not a great show for me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Farnham. The quality of the music in 1987 is still in a severe lull, not sure it gets better til the Autumn really.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/06/87

A romping win for the non-inspirational/inspirational John Farnham.

RYAN