This show is presented by (Janice Long & Steve Wright) and is first screened Friday 21st Dec at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

Mikey
Madonna

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

Not such a good show.  George Benson's song was fantastic.  He made some fantastic music.  I voted for Madonna.  This was one of the best tracks lifted off the True Blue album.  The 12" version ran at almost 11 minutes in length and was the perfect disco song. Not too keen on the video but irrespective should have been No.1

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

Mikey
I liked the show Brushstrokes at the time, although i remember the theme being a bit more jolly than what was played here, oh well.

In November 1987 my family took a 12 hour train journey across Germany to Berlin (including travelling through East Germany) on a near empty train and i managed to get a first class compartment to myself for most of the journey, back when they were proper separate sections. I only had a few tapes on the walkman one was a library copied version of True Blue and so my overriding memory of that trip is listening to the likes of Live to Tell and Open Your Heart as the sun set on that cold November day as we edged closer to Berlin.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

Another show that held very little of interest for me. I will go for Madonna over the closing credits.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

The Rubberband Man
Madonna

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

PattiforPM
Alison Moyet for me please

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

NickGregory92
For me it has to be George Benson. Great song and a superb live performance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

Another naff show again tonight, with only two contenders to consider when it comes to voting. I'd almost decided on the Housemartins while watching them, then along comes Alison Moyet with a splendid performance, so she gets my vote this week.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

Gorgeous Daze
Though sorry to see her getting tarty, Madonna it definitely is. I'd have been struggling to choose anything otherwise.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

 Watching Janice Long with a different co-host is like watching someone you know playing the field. Does John Peel know about all this? Should we tell him about Steve Wright, muscling in on his fellow presenter? Would he care?
 An interesting watch this edition. Very front loaded but enough at the tail end to keep the attention engaged. Starting off with two dependable in Jaki Graham and The Housemartins, both of which can be relied on to give a good showing. Jaki gives her best as ever, and looks great in a leather skirt. The Hull pranksters also win good marks from me, for a soulful version of the song Caravan of Love. Some people wear their Sunday Best to perform. And  Paul and pals think otherwise. Good for them.
Alison Moyet too caught my attention here with a stylish and polished performance. Remember this song well from the time. Then the standard falls sharply, but with a few later peaks.
 I never warmed to the show brush Strokes, but it is a nice song by the Dexy’s. And the video reminded me to make a note for something coming up next month. Jackie Wilson, great song and video, one to bear in mind for me- later. And Madonna when she was still worth listening to, and another stylish video. Madonna the sex worker indeed. How many punters were watching?
So Europe and The Final Countdown were number 1, which tarnishes the whole show. What a downer. That makes the edition below average for me.
So, who to pick from this lot. Well I have gone for Essex Girl and ex-Yazoo Alison Moyet. A good effort and a worthy winner this time.
Take a bow, Alison you deserve it.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

Who's That Hurll
I Want Candy.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

CoffeeThing
The Housemartins and Alf were the standouts for me this week, both with great studio performances. I went for the former with an outstanding a cappella.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

Everything'sRosie
First I reject Debbie Harry, and then the following evening Madonna. Oh my, what's happening to me, but I'm joining the Caravan of Love. My support will soon wither if they decide to set up an illegal encampment though.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

Madonna gets my vote

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 11/12/86

A much more sensible/realistic outcome to this one.

RYAN