This show is presented by (Simon Mayo & Sybil Ruscoe) and is first screened Friday 10th January at 21.00 - 21.30. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Michael
Hello Ryan

Roachford get my vote this week, though there’s some pretty good competition (and some tosh, too!).

I clearly remember how fresh this song sounded amongst the other music that was around at the time.

*Claim to fame: I once restrung Roachford’s lead guitarist’s Stratocaster.
rod

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

rod
 Hi Ryan, going with the one I really know The Big "O"
 Michael, my claim to fame (or one of them) was meeting LITTLE RICHARD at a Birmingham
recording studio Good Golly miss molly.   Keep Rocking.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Everything'sRosie
I can't remember The Darling Buds' song at all, but I instantly liked it so it gets the nod from me.

Many songs cut short on this edition.

Milli Vanilli. Eurgh. Look away now. How revolting.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

This seemed to be a very rushed edition of TOTPs with lots of performances getting cut short. I hope that's not going to continue for the rest of the year.
Roachford get my vote.
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Gorgeous Daze
I've voted for Freiheit. A decent McCartney pastiche.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Gorgeous Daze
I think this cutting short and cramming 'em in lark is the way ahead unfortunately. Just one more here and if this was a handicap you'd get paid on the first four on an E/W bet!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

NickGregory92
Well there’s certainly no shortage of acts to choose from in this weeks’s edition, even if the show itself felt rushed. Unfortunately this practice of cramming as many songs into the show will be the way forward from now on. Apparently in order to fit more songs into the allocated half hour, all studio performances were restricted to 3 minutes and videos shortened to 2 minutes.

My vote this week goes to ( all 2 minutes of) Roachford and his Cuddly Toy.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

CoffeeThing
Lots to choose from, a decent line-up. Eventually, I went for Freiheit because it’s a jolly happy song and I enjoyed it. Mike and the Mechanics were very close too.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Gorgeous Daze wrote
I've voted for Freiheit. A decent McCartney pastiche.
Yeah, see what you mean, GD. Although I instantly thought ELO.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

A decent enough show this week (although it would be hard not to be with so many acts crammed in), i voted for Freiheit, a refreshing number i thought.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Oh no.  I never saw this.  Was this the one where Milli Vanilli wore those controversial outfits?  I know they performed this song.  Anne Robinson had many many letters to her Points of View show asking for a repeat performance of their bit(s) but was always refused.  I think they shown in at year end Best of Points of View.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Who's That Hurll
Boy Meets Girl were my stars this week.

What is your opinion of Freiheit, Vin?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

I just voted for Marc Almond and Gene Pitney for this Show.
Mel

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Mel
Roachford gets my vote in this poll. Nice rocky feel and some nice blues guitar riffs going on. Would liked to have herd a little guitar solo in it, but there you go.

Thank you Ryan.
M6

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

 I have voted, but not had much time to write up a review for this disjointed and unsatisfactory edition. In which too many tracks were crammed in, and cut off before any adequate length of time.
 Hands up if you like Milli Vanilli? Is anybody there? Nobody then!
 Apart from that the short length of the tracks makes it difficult to nominate a pick. So, in this eternal struggle, I have chosen H. E. Bates’s own personal favourite, and a few others among us, I am sure, and The Darling Buds. Kent in 1958 will never feel the same again.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Mel

Re: Your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Mel
Did enjoy taking part in the polls. Cheers Ryan.
M6

Re: Your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Mel wrote
Did enjoy taking part in the polls. Cheers Ryan.
Excellent Mel . So long as you click on the choice, then click the VOTE box, your vote will register. Hope to see you again on the number 4s poll tomorrow, only then you will have to click on 3 choices `before` clicking the VOTE box.
RYAN
Mel

Re: Your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/01/89

Mel
Yes Ryan that's what I did. Hope to see you on the 4s.
M6
12