Use this thread for comments on the show and also to vote on your favourite performance. Once the show has been screened by BBC4 use the Nabble poll below to cast your vote. Im not messing about removing the breakers from the poll listing, if you want to vote for them then please do. I will just copy and paste the `Popscene` run-down for every show some 24 hours before broadcast.

This show is introduced by Mike Read & Steve Wright and is first screened Thursday 3rd May at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THIS POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

It may have worked for for Bob Dylan all those years ago, but the large note pad thing totally bombed for Marillion in their performance on this show. Bad idea and most certainly cost them my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

Not a bad show at all and i quite enjoyed it. I thought Amii Stewart looked great and if i hadn't voted for her last time i would have done so on this show. But im going to go for the two fossils, Bowie & Jagger, who looked quite ridiculous, but entertaining at the same time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

I've just had something confirmed which has bugged me for over thirty years. Yup, that Bowie/Jagger abomination really was as awful as I remembered it.

Cracking closing track by the Bananas, but I'm going for that hot Latino Maria Vidal and her aerobics anthem heard in a thousand church halls up and down the country as Britain's secretaries decided it was time to get some exercise.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

JEZ
A choice of 4 songs for me to consider from this weeks totp ,but ive gone for the midge ure one ,as I think it just has the edge on the others.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

Legsfan
She never made it to the Top of the Pops studio in 1979, so this time Amii gets my vote. Although I didn't like the slight remix.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

CoffeeThing
Nearly went for Aimii but the two old boys got my vote in the end.
This week, I are be mostly eating fish

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

Yup Dancing in the Street and the two icons who look as if they're having fun for me too

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

Gorgeous Daze
A moderately entertaining edition, though it has to be said quintessentially 85 (none more than Huey Lewis & The News) devoid of its regular gems. A big No Thanks to the abiding Jagger-Bowie bromance, I can only laugh at them.

For my vote I've been thrifty and picked Maria Vidal, a Primark Madonna.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

Old Grey Whistler
Although I probably won't get to see the programme before the poll closes, I have cast my vote for one of my favourite bands of the 80's - Huey Lewis & The News.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

The Rubberband Man
I'm voting for the stonker of a record that opened the show.
I thought it went a bit downhill after that, finishing with the the Bowie/Jagger video which was once voted the worst music video ever, and the failure of a record from Bananarama which did not disturb the top 30.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

The Rubberband Man wrote
 finishing with the the Bowie/Jagger video which was once voted the worst music video ever,
and currently leading our poll !!

Lol, so the worst music video ever is, according to our poll, about to be crowned the best video…. And on that bombshell, that’s why we all love OFTDs

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

It may have worked for for Bob Dylan all those years ago, but the large note pad thing totally bombed for Marillion in their performance on this show.
It was nothing but a rip off

I'm sure Marillion thought it worked on paper....

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

Lee A
I enjoyed it - put a smile on my face. They got my vote

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

NickGregory92
Great show tonight, one of my favourite shows of 1985 so far. Difficult to choose a winner but in the end I gave my vote to the wonderful Maria Vidal.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

CoffeeThing wrote
...the two old boys got my vote in the end.
Very much a case of Martha and The Oldfellas

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Excellent edition, unlike Legsfan I actually much prefer the bigger production on this version of Knock On Wood over the '79 version (which incidentally got a play on Pick of the Pops this lunchtime), and it gets my vote. May I also add how much one is enjoying the current trend afoot in Summer 1985 for bralessness :)
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/09/85

I voted for the two old rocker Bowie & Jagger and their version of Dancing in the Street.
123