This show is presented by (Gary Davies & Peter Powell) and is first screened Friday 10th May at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Everything'sRosie
Not much of a show imho. T'Pau had a huge hit in The States with Heart & Soul, but nothing else they did charted there, including China In Your Hand. Quite a difference of opinion with the UK then. However, my vote tonight goes to Alexander O'Neal.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Michael
Donna Summer wins this for me. A really interesting song, both lyrically and musically.

PS: So Batman randomly hit me over the head with a vase. At the moment the ornament struck my cranium, he shouted “T'PAU!”

 While reeling from the blow, I asked  "Don't you mean KAPOW??”

 "No, I've got china in my hand."

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Hanway2
It’s the way you tell ‘em, Michael.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

CoffeeThing
I went with T’Pau by a whisker from Donna Summer and Nina Simone.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Gorgeous Daze
I've voted for the record credited to no-one but Alexander O'Neal. Ironically I only like the No Neal chorus but it's so good that I'm happy to vote on that alone, and there will be other opportunities to select T'Pau. Though the law of diminishing appeal may yet scupper that, time will tell.

Not only was the good lady denied a 'featuring' or 'and' status on record, but in performance she was placed well out the way of Himself up behind on the steps where normally only audience members are found. No wonder she ruddy criticizes, mate!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Dancer
Went with Donna Summer.  Lovely song and the first time she ever appeared in the Top of the Pops studios to sing.  The last time was when Kid Jenson introduced her to us all as she had just released Winter Melody.  She introduced Johnny Mathis's Christmas No.1

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

NickGregory92
Very tempted to vote for Alexander O’Neal this week, but my vote goes to Donna Summer with an underrated number you rarely hear played on the radio these days.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Mikey
T'Pau

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Who's That Hurll
Don't criticize my choice.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

I voted for Donna Summer, nice picture of G Gershwin.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

The Rubberband Man
Donna Summer

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Not much on offer this week, i went for the Communards

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

  Who had the idea first, Marillion or Alexander O'Neal? To stick the female vocalist up where she might need a hot air balloon to get down.
  Not much I liked here- and a medley of SAW hits in Jack Style. Bejabers!
  On my theme of the day for lady singers, and ignoring Donna Summer this time, I was torn between two, Carol and Nina.
  As I would hope to see a lot more of Carol in the next few editions, I have gone against policy to pick Nina Simone for the entertaining animated video shown, which I liked enough to make it my winner this time. And the feeling it will most likely be the only chance of voting for it. Congratulations from me, Nina. You are a Cat!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Absolutely terrific edition, the Top 10 is so strong this week. I went for AO'N.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

PattiforPM
Yup Criticize for me too

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87

Finally got round to watching this, though it it didn't provide a great deal to interest me. I opted for a breaker, Donna Summer.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 12/11/87