This show is introduced by (Gary Davies & Steve Wright) and is first screened Friday 3rd August at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Belouis Some again for me, aided immeasurably by the hottie in the blue dress.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

  Oh Billy! Thank you so very very much. Any chance to see the sumptuously magnificent P.P. Arnold makes an old man very happy. So that is where you went yesterday. And as I am the only one interested in the great P.P. I can watch her all by myself.
  As someone who is not a fan of mid 80s pop music, I must say that was a very enjoyable show. In fact I liked most of the acts and videos tonight so it is going to be a difficult choice.
  I will need some more time to mull this over as I make my decision. A neat Trinidadian Rum should do the trick while I ponder tonight's presentation.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Su Pollard AND Shaky on the same show, can it get any better! Probably. I went with Belouis Some, though there is debate elsewhere whether BS is a solo artist or a group. That rather revealing video posted by Ryan suggested the former, though many insist otherwise.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Hanway2 wrote
And as I am the only one interested in the great P.P. I can watch her all by myself.
I didn't realise it was her. No doubt Hanway you have seen her turn with The Small Faces on the magnificent Toy Soldier, a vid that has played in this house many many times.
 Edit
It was, of course, TIN Soldier

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Hanway2
Everything'sRosie wrote
Hanway2 wrote
And as I am the only one interested in the great P.P. I can watch her all by myself.
I didn't realise it was her. No doubt Hanway you have seen her turn with The Small Faces on the magnificent Toy Soldier, a vid that has played in this house many many times.
   Yes, I am 100% sure it is P.P. Arnold- although I have not seen it confirmed anywhere. Although she was working with Billy Ocean in the 80s, so it must be her. The lady looks like her, moves like her and sings like her. I first noticed her singing with Billy in the edition shown a few weeks ago, hence my joke about it yesterday.
 You bet I have seen the TIN soldier video with the Small Faces many many times too. And also other great stuff like her version of 'The First Cut Is The Deepest' on the Beat Club as well. A MUST for absolutely anyone, I say.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

TheOtherOne
This show confirmed all my deeply held prejudices about how basically awful the 80s were. Cheesy music, dreadful fashions, mullets everywhere and Sue Pollard in the Top 10! I'm tempted to give Belouis Some a vote for having the chutzpah to write a song called Imagination that exhibited such a chronic lack of imagination, but I'll go for Madonna and my favourite song by her.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Belouis Some again for me, aided immeasurably by the hottie in the blue dress.
   Yes, I was taken by the 'hottie' in the blue dress as well. And I was pleased to see Diana Ross, beside P.P. Arnold as I already mentioned.
 Well, I have deliberated deeply but have stopped drinking the rum, otherwise I would be thinking about the 'hottie' Su Pollard too. I have gone for the youthful and effervescent Whitney Houston this time- despite it not being an in studio performance, which I would prefer.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

The Rubberband Man
A good show with the usual mix of the good and the bad.
Latin Quarter “Radio Africa” was my choice

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I'm hearing only bad news
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Mikey
Belouis Some

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Gorgeous Daze
Another good show in the main, the appearance is of a year shaping up quite promisingly.

First out the gates Belouis Some and company placed themselves in contention. Then edging her ahead it was nice to be reminded of the vivacious young woman that Whitney Houston once was before she got messed up, and it's a rarity in being a song of hers which I do like. But the best song of all was to come next, Latin Quarter's plaintive polemic, and they get my vote. Earning themselves a bonus point for rhyming Tanzania with stepping up a gear.

It's been claimed that because of its leftist sentiments, radio stations in England would only play Radio Africa at night. How times change.

This is another single from Latin Quarter that comes from the same album but sounds as if it could have been recorded by an entirely different group. But the quality is just as evident I think. New Millionaires:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZdnWZ9vg8

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Who's That Hurll
I've already voted for Madonna; how will I know what to vote for now?

No votes for 'Burning Heat'   yet?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

I have to say i really am enjoying these recent re runs, and dare i say i thought Shaky was magnificent with a song i can't even remember, so much to choose from, but my vote this week goes to Belouis Some.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Went for Diana Ross, Bee Gees go Motown.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

Glad the forum shown some imagination on electing a great winner.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

CoffeeThing
Strangely, I watched this, decided on Radio Africa, then failed to cast my vote. I get worse.
This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 13/02/86

zenon
Belouis Some and Latin Quarter on the same show just took my breath away, a dull rest of the line up however apart from Billy Ocean. Steve Wright a prat as usual.

Hard decision but would have voted for Imagination.