This show is presented by (Simon Mayo & Peter Powell) and is first screened

Friday 1st November at 19.30 - 20.00.

Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

The Rubberband Man
Peter Powell's last ever TOTPs, and an appropriate song to start with

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Michael
Hello Ryan

Not much to tempt me from this show, so it's the Proclaimers who get vote, not because I like the song, but in respect of its longevity - it's one of those few songs that have made the transition from an ephemeral Pop tune to being a piece of music that is taught to children in the manner nursery rhymes are.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

No havering from me. My vote goes to The Proclaimers – “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)”
Same as yesterday.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

I proclaim a vote for Craig & Charlie.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

CoffeeThing
It was between The Proclaimers and The Hollies for me, both with very good studio performances. As there will be an opportunity to give the latter a vote in the later show tonight my vote went to The Proclaimers who it appeared sang absolutely live or can mime perfectly. I’ve seen them live, they are superb, better than you would ever imagine.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

 As ever in these polls, I must remember that this is a vote on a favourite performance of that particular edition of TOTPS, and not anything else. Something I have often forgotten these last weeks, I feel.
 So, is it the old or the new this time? The new in The Proclaimers or the old of The Hollies. With only Allan Clarke, Tony Hicks and Bobby Elliott of the earlier band still included, it feels like only half a lineup. And for that reason, I go for the young Scots from Leith, or wherever it is the Reid Brothers claim they are from. Young thrusters the pair of them. The 500 style  chorus a motif often found in folk music, and put to good use by the Brothers in this song. Well done to them.
 Of the rest, the Commodores were a class act with a classy song, and would be a worthy winner in many other weeks.
With Bros and Jason on this show, I feel by nightmares of late 80s music are about to begin. It is not often you wish you were Quasimodo, but they make me do!
 I will skip over the rest, only pausing to say good bye to Peter who has been a star host the previous 11 years and was long missed from the show. Hope he enjoyed his cake, once he had removed all the confetti.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Another enjoyable show this week, i'm voting for The Proclaimers, a great track that has stood the test of time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Gorgeous Daze
I'm not one for rave culture, but I must say it was a relief to have Inner City come along at the end and give a substantially banal and old hat show a good kick up the backside. They have my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

PattiforPM
Proclaimers for me

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

NickGregory92
My vote goes to Inner City who brought some much needed big fun to a somewhat uninspiring episode of TOTPs.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Who's That Hurll
As the Proclaimers are miles ahead, I'll also take a trip to the city.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Old Grey Whistler
I voted for The Proclaimers as well, but also liked The Hollies, Phil Collins and The Commodores, all of which were old songs.
I would have preferred to have seen the Legs & Co dance to Easy.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Abstention.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Abstention.
Sounds like the best punk band I never checked out.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Mikey
Are The Proclaimers 'Bros with glasses'

Only kidding ive voted for Kevin Saunderson.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Everything'sRosie
Surely that's the first and only time two sets of identical twins have appeared on the same show.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Just voted for the Proclaimers in this poll Ryan.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Old Grey Whistler
So that's the end for Peter Powell then. I liked him as a host. He was a bit frenetic in his early days but he soon settled down and he always seemed enthusiastic about Legs & Co, including uttering the memorable quote from my signature.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/09/88

Old Grey Whistler wrote
So that's the end for Peter Powell then. I liked him as a host. He was a bit frenetic in his early days but he soon settled down and he always seemed enthusiastic about Legs & Co, including uttering the memorable quote from my signature.
I agree with you entirely OGW. Peter Powell was a bit silly in the very early days but he was always very kind towards Legs & Co in his intros and i get the impression the dancers liked him too (unlike some presenters). On the whole he was one of the good guys.