This show is presented by (Gary Davies & Peter Powell) and is first screened Tuesday 2nd May at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Everything'sRosie
Obviously a few episodes have been skipped. I had expected Rick Astley to still be No.1 so a pleasant surprise to see the Gibbs there. Lucky for us they chose not to appear in the studio during the Legs years. Think of the classic routines that would never have been.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Michael
I’m going with the Fatback Band, simply because their song reminds me of a very enjoyable evening spent at a nightclub in  Leighton Buzzard, back in the October of 1986...

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

   I have voted for the Bee Gees. Hooray!! Nowhere near their best, but compared to most on this edition, I felt I had to support the oldies.
  At one time I thought I would have to choose Five Star- shows how little enthusiasm I had for the programme.
 Not much time, or inclination, to put much else. This week's hair metal brought to you by courtesy of Billy Idol- imagine that. Are UB40 morphing into the Ian Campbell Folk Group? It is in the genes you know, with dad and auntie.
 Some of the breakers I might like better if and when we see more of them.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Nothing much on offer for me. I went for the Bee Gees.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

CoffeeThing
Fleetwood Mac by a hair from The Bee Gees for me, based mainly on song preference.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
The sensational Bee Gees, firmly putting behind them the dross of the Saturday Night Fever era with an all-time classic
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Gorgeous Daze
Strange to see I Found Lovin' in the Top Ten twice. Was it really THAT good, clubbers? I was set to say something derogatory based on impressions gained from the chart shot of Steve Walsh...but then I found he died the following year.

Mike Peters is a great guy, but no appeal in a Primark U2, sorry. The Bee Gees were a class above everything else, back then I so underappreciated this return to the limelight.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

The Rubberband Man
I feel extremely humbled but at the same time very grateful to the BBC that they spared almost 10 seconds of the programme to Fleetwood Mac, the single highlight on the show.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

VintageVideos
The Rubberband Man wrote
almost 10 seconds
Indeed. I think the complete Breakers section was no longer than a minute.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

AC/PD
Literally small falsehoods.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Legsfan
I voted for The Bee Gees. A favourite of mine.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan wrote
The sensational Bee Gees, firmly putting behind them the dross of the Saturday Night Fever era with an all-time classic
Yep, that Saturday Night Fever era was a real low point in the career of The Bee Gees !!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

VintageVideos
I don't know... I think the Bee Gees tracks for SNF were actually quite good. And they gave us some lovely L&C routines! Of course, as always, hindsight is such a beautiful thing, and now we know what became of SNF and the whole disco craze and how fed up everyone became of it in the end. But the songs and the production were first class and head and shoulders above most of the other disco stuff that was released around that time and later.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

VintageVideos wrote
I don't know... I think the Bee Gees tracks for SNF were actually quite good. .
Yes, i was trying to be facetious replying to RNOF's extraordinary `dross` claim. Seems my sarcasm didn't work.

Saturday Night Fever soundtrack is a regular fixture on my playlist, as is the DVD of the movie which i adore.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Not a great deal to consider when it came to voting, very nearly went for UB40 or the Alarm, but when the Bee Gees came on that all changed, so they get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

NickGregory92
My vote this week goes to the Bee Gees with a song that officially made them the first group to achieve a Number 1 UK hit in 3 different decades - the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
VintageVideos wrote
I don't know... I think the Bee Gees tracks for SNF were actually quite good. .
Yes, i was trying to be facetious replying to RNOF's extraordinary `dross` claim. Seems my sarcasm didn't work.

Saturday Night Fever soundtrack is a regular fixture on my playlist, as is the DVD of the movie which i adore.

Well SNF certainly help the Bee-gees shift as lot of records,  but then Stock Aitken and Waterman shifted a lot of records a decade later!

Maybe dross was the wrong word, but that kind of 70s disco music is Marmite to say the least. I think it's great that you still regularly play it, but it's not my thing. In my opinion the BeeGees wrote 3 truly classic pop songs in the 80's - Heartbreaker, Chain Reaction and You Win Again, and all 3 are infinitely better than anything on the SNF soundtrack. But you pays your money and you takes your choice!
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

PattiforPM
I'm voting for very Little Lies and avoiding the Big discussion

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 15/10/87

Who's That Hurll
I found the Fatback Band on the list and voted for them.