This show is presented by (Janice Long & Peter Powell) and is first screened Friday 15th Feb at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

The Ferry Aid thing will get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

  Is there some kind of law on cruelty where giving animals poor quality fodder results in a punishment? Well the same could be said for this, most definitely 'poor quality fodder', for us music fans. Low in quality, high in dreariness. Not an edition to live long in the memory. I wonder if those who voted for Madonna last time will go with her again this.
  Did Janice and Peter co-ordinate their clothes for this week- the Denim Twins!  And white seemed a popular and fashionable 'colour' at the time in 1987 with the females dancing in the background- behind the Fine Young Cannibals particularly- and in other line ups, such as the fine-looking female backing singer with Rikki. Which record I had entirely forgotten, and it is no surprise it made no show at Eurovision that year.
  My Screaming Lord Sutch mystery. After noting the appearance of Sutch in the video for 'Let It Be' among the massed Chorus lin a previous review, I looked closer into the line-up and nowhere is it stated he was part of the recording. But surely that is him in the video, complete with Top Hat, unless it is someone else copying his style- and I cannot think who. Presumably then he was not on the actual single, but got down to record the video, as shown. And the video is higher up the list this time for me, due to the paucity in class of the other acts to feature on TOTPs this week.
  This afternoon I have been composing part of my review into the Pan's People routine for 'Take Me To The Mardi Gras'- from 1973- with the flavour of places in the South of the U.S.A. And the accompanying female singer and dancer to 'Living In A Box' would fit right in there, so for that and the best studio performance of the night the eponymous band win it for me.
  Nothing else to note from me, liking 80s music- my new conversion-  can be a real bummer some time! I might secretly have to watch a 70s TOTPs again!!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Good to have an up-tempo number representing us at Eurovision but, uh, typical post-Fizz mediocrity all the same. I've absolutely no recollection of it so that made it fresh in a sense, the girl was nice to look at, and it had the feel of an anachronism transported from my favoured early eighties. All in all with nothing crying out to me it's a surprise vote from this jury.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Everything'sRosie
Blimey, that was a poor show. Even legendary artists Alpert & Bowie were decidedly average. It has to be Livin' In A Box, nothing special and the singer looks like an 80s footballer on a night out, but good enough to win this.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

CoffeeThing
Bon Jovi came close with one of my favourite songs of theirs, but Ferry Aid got my vote in an otherwise distinctly average show for me.
This week, I are be mostly quite old.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Michael
What a dreadful show 😕 Duller than a dull day in Dulwich.

As I think I've mentioned before, I gave up on Radio 1 in 1986, and with good reason, given the tosh on this show.

Having voted for the slightly more palatable Madonna last time, the only other track that didn't have me clicking the fast-forward button was "Living In a Box", which I'll cast my vote for in light of it being a little 'different'.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

PattiforPM
Cardboard box?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Hanway2 wrote
I wonder if those who voted for Madonna last time will go with her again this.
I didn't vote for Madonna last time so in the interests of balance she gets my vote this time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
This is saying something for an 80s lover like myself but that was the worst edition of TOTP I have seen in the whole of this run dating back to what was it 1976? And I haven't missed a show. Ended up voting for the No.1.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Just voted for the Ferry Aid.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Dreadful show, i was really struggling when deciding who to vote for, in the end i went for Ferry Aid as it was for a good cause.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

NickGregory92
I went for Living in a Box, a very catchy song that I could listen to hundreds of times without ever getting fed up of it 📦

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

NickGregory92 wrote
I went for Living in a Box, a very catchy song
I read on another site today `Living In A Box` described as Yuppie-fied music. I guess looking at them in their designer suits that tag kinda fits. Funny some 31 years later, the band name conjures up the complete opposite, and living in a box, especially the cardboard variety makes one think of the homeless. Anyway, i agree about the tune, its very catchy.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Who's That Hurll
Bon jovi's my most wanted this week.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

The Rubberband Man
Well done to the person who prevented Rikki receiving nul points.
I don't think Rikki should rush to give up the day job though.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 16/04/87

Old Grey Whistler
It's not often that David Bowie gets no votes but not one of his better songs.