Once the show has been screened by BBC4 use the Nabble poll below to cast your vote. Any comments on the show go here also. Thanks to POPSCENE for the listings.

This show is introduced by (Peter Powell & Mike Read) and is first screened Friday 1st June at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Gorgeous Daze
Would you believe it? Mike Read used ER's under Parr pun about Madonna tonight!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Everything'sRosie
I shall be seeking a writing credit, and I shan't be listening to any "but it was 33 years ago" excuses either

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

On another underwhelming edition I was prepared to vote for Jennifer Rush for looking hotter still in new leather, but then along came the play-out and one of Madonna's more underrated ones to overhaul the power of lust.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Everything'sRosie
I prefer not to go for the breakers, but Level 42 were producing the best material of their careers in 1985. World Machine was a superb album.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Everything'sRosie wrote
I shall be seeking a writing credit, and I shan't be listening to any "but it was 33 years ago" excuses either
He thinks you heard it back then and decided to wait the 33 years for the advent of the Internet and OFTDs to have your wicked plageuristic way with his genius. Mind he doesn't pull out his guitar and punish us all!

Tough week again but I went with Jan and his Hammer, ahead of Level 42, but only just.

That pre-Breakers 80's men pose by our hosts was a bit too Miami Vice even for 1985!

Another thing that came to mind, in the 70s and earlier 80s TOTP usually had the best of the charts on, and our girls, but as we weave on through the 80s am I the only one that often thinks they have deliberately avoided what people would actually like to watch? It's apparent when the charts and top ten videos are run down. Maybe it's my imagination. Probably is.
This week, I are be mostly Meccano

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Everything'sRosie wrote
I prefer not to go for the breakers, but Level 42 were producing the best material of their careers in 1985. World Machine was a superb album.
I instinctively don't like Level 42 but even I enjoy Something About You.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

The Colonel for me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

PattiforPM
Aha, a bunch of songs I like and a good vid takes it

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I voted for the Colonel, although I have heard a rumour that he wasn't actually a real Colonel at all
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

I voted for Elton John as this was when i really became a fan of his,and i first saw him live the next year on the 'Ice On Fire' tour.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

VintageVideos
Not a bad show at all with quite a few songs I like. I could have voted for any of the breakers, especially for the Grace Jones video, but I prefer to vote for something "complete", so A-ha get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

NickGregory92
As great a song A-ha’s Take On Me is, I couldn’t bring myself to vote for it this week, especially having heard it played to death on various commercial radio stations down the years (not naming names).

In the end, my vote went to Elton John and the fantastic Nikita.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

The Rubberband Man
I've voted for Grace Jones. There would be a massive hole in my record collection if she had never had a recording career.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

VintageVideos wrote
Not a bad show at all with quite a few songs I like. I could have voted for any of the breakers, especially for the Grace Jones video, but I prefer to vote for something "complete", so A-ha get my vote.
It was nice to see our Bunty in the a-ha vid.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Great show this week and a good selection to choose from when voting, A-ha and their fantastic video get my vote this time. Just wondering if anyone else noticed Shaky's intro with the incorrect song title on screen, instead of Powder the credit said Power, you'd have thought someone at the BBC would have noticed that!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Gorgeous Daze
GiLuRo wrote
Just wondering if anyone else noticed Shaky's intro with the incorrect song title on screen, instead of Powder the credit said Power, you'd have thought someone at the BBC would have noticed that!
Not too surprising. If they didn't have Power on the brain already they certainly would in a few weeks!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Mikey
I've picked Grace Jones as we wont be seeing this in full.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 17/10/85

A-ha it is then.