This show is presented by (Janice Long & Simon Mayo) and is first screened Thursday 14th March at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Star Trekkin’.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Michael
I’m going to give the miserable curmudgeon from Middlesbrough my vote. He’s a great songwriter and musician, and while I don’t like all his material, there’s no denying he’s penned a few classics, with this being one of them - in my humble opinion that is 😉

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Star Trekkin’.
Is this the ‘So bad it’s good’ strategy?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

CoffeeThing
It may well have been Tom Jones but he got my vote last week with his other chart hit at the time so it's Chris Rea who gets my vote this week.
This week, I are be mostly quite old.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Hanway2 wrote
RYAN wrote
Star Trekkin’.
Is this the ‘So bad it’s good’ strategy?
No. It was my favourite thing on the show, by quite some distance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Hanway2
 I haven’t watched the edition yet, was asleep at the time, so will try and see it today. You never know, I might end up agreeing with you!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Everything'sRosie
As easy as ABC

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

  Was tempted to tell Janice and Simon to get a room. There was some kind of Chemistry going on, it seemed, Janice looking like a lovelorn puppy at times!
  There were a few things I liked here too. But I decided against picking Tom Jones with his revival of 'It's Not Unusual' because that would not be fair to the others. Nor the Middlesbrough Miseryguts- as mentioned above- with a video which I suspect was NOT filmed on, in or anywhere near Teesside.
 Without going into much detail, I will pass over Samantha Fox- I reminder how long the ridiculoud fashion of torn jeans has been going on, ABC- nice enough but not enough either, or CKTC- looking tired by now and not pleasant. And who would guess that Broken English were English if you only looked at the video.
 No, in effect I have been won over by something I did not expect. Who could resist the charms and delightfulness of a potato version of Lieutenant Uhura, space pizza or an alien that likes like Gordon the Gopher? Star Trekkin' it is then. All together now 'There's Klingons On The Starboard Bow.....' ( The effect of night work is curdling my sense of reason ).

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

The Rubberband Man
Lovely to see Sam Fox bopping around in the studio, opening the show.
Ahead of her time as well with the ripped jeans look.
She gets my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Nothing up my street on this one therefore nothing's gonna stop me voting for the ample charms of Sam Fox again.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I went for The Firm. Catchy song, clever stop-motion video. And the rest of the show was forgettable.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

PattiforPM
Curiosity Killed the Cat again while fear of the wrong result is more likely to finish off P4PM

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

AC/PD
Request submitted for this thread to be buried 6 foot under if Star Trekkin' wins.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

The Rubberband Man
AC/PD wrote
Request submitted for this thread to be buried 6 foot under if Star Trekkin' wins.
It's music Jim, but not as we know it.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

I actually thought this was a really good show, and could have voted for just about every act. Sam Fox looked great opening the show, Tom Jones with one of his all time classics, Curiosity were good and really seemed to be having a great time, and the Firm with a song that i haven't heard in ages, (not to be confused with super group The Firm, with Paul Rodgers, Jimmy Page, Chris Slade and Tony Franklin), but this weeks vote has to go to ABC.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

I voted for ABC ,but I must say not a great programme.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Mikey
Who on earth gave Sam Fox a recording contract?, very generic record.

I'll give a vote to Misfit.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

AC/PD
Is that the sound of violins?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 18/06/87

Who's That Hurll
Is this going to be the only vote for Whitesnake?