This show is presented by (Gary Davies) and is first screened Thurs 11th Oct at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Michael
Though it was a video, I'm going the band who's bass guitarist is the son-in-law of a very popular (primarily) children's TV presenter.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Mikey
I've enjoyed the last few Dr and The Medics performances, especially the 2 'witches' or whatever they are, doing their little routine, good fun.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Everything'sRosie
Some of these repeats can be a bit of a slog, but fair play, that was a hell of an edition. I thought the A-ha video was stunning and The Housemartins wonderful, but The Fizz with their debuting "hot property" were phenomenal and get my vote. There really wasn't a bad track on the show though.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Mikey wrote
especially the 2 'witches' or whatever they are, doing their little routine
You mean the lovely Wendi & Colette Anadin, also known as The Anadin Brothers. They make it worth watching to the end!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

By 1986 standards, i really enjoyed that show. Very tempted by Nu Shooz, but im voting for Bucks Fizz.

The new addition Shelley Preston was a bit of a `Wowza` wasn't she .

Wasn't it only a couple of three weeks ago on the show that presenters John Peel & Janice Long made a rather curt remark about Bucks Fizz ?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Enjoyable show, one of those where TOTP appears to be getting its mojo back.

My vote goes to the tremendous New Beginning for Bucks Fizz. Big shame the relaunch soon fell flat. Girls - oh go on then, boys as well I suppose - you were needed! At least we had a weekly dose of Cheryl on Record Breakers from the following year.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Just voted for Bucks Fizz a very good record.The show was a good one tonight some nice acts.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Gorgeous Daze
Thought Bananarama looked a lot better in their more feminine state, pity we're denied seeing their studio performance on the next edition. Trouble is, style emerged over substance. Though their Venus is pretty good the music soon went downhill in the greasy palms of SAW.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Everything'sRosie
Gorgeous Daze wrote
Thought Bananarama looked a lot better in their more feminine state, pity we're denied seeing their studio performance on the next edition. Trouble is, style emerged over substance. Though their Venus is pretty good the music soon went downhill in the greasy palms of SAW.
Agreed, from now on I swiftly lost interest in them. Where once they were fresh and scrumptious, those bananas became a mushy mess in the SAW fruit bowl.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

CoffeeThing
I really enjoyed tonight's show, lots of variety and some really good performances. It was not an easy call but I too went with Bucks Fizz with a great studio performance. Oh yes, Shelley Preston. I had forgotten just how insanely lovely she is.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Yes, cheers Legsfan, I must be nodding off in class recently and missed that

I'll vote for the Dr and his 'brothers' then

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Legsfan
Is this the end of the audience dancing?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

PattiforPM
Housemartins for me

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

  Another good edition with a reasonable array of songs- some of which were covers, of course.  I have never taken to the Bananarama attempt at 'Venus', with horrible 80s production and not much better vocals, which cannot hold a candle to the far superior Shocking Blue version.  I like much more Doctor and The Medics go at Spirit In The Sky, and the video, although Norman Greenbaum's original is still the best, and I have voted already for this.
  I do admit to 'putting the kettle on' once Nu Shooz appeared, and was wondering what the collective noun for a multiple number of drummers would be when Bucks Fizz were on- good song though.
  I cannot be bothered with A-Ha or Queen turning into a parody of themselves, so they are easily dismissed.
  But I did like Amazulu's 'Too Good To Be Forgotten' then and still do and almost voted for them, particularly as it was a studio performance. But I have gone for the Housemartins and 'Happy Hour'. I like the plasticine models and an interesting song, well performed in the video. But there was something else. Please remove your headwear and pass a few thoughts of remembrance to The Star pub in St. John's Wood, London, where it was filmed. A place I knew well, as some years later I would often be found taking part in pub quizzes there. Very sadly it closed a few years ago, and when I last looked, had been turned into an 'Estate Agents'. Damn these home buying upwardly mobile types!

 **N.B Apparently there are reports that the Star has reopened as a very expensive restaurant and bar known as The Drunch, which is still not much better!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

The Rubberband Man
Glad to hear there are some folks who enjoyed this show. It had zilch appeal for me.

Best of it were The Housemartins, filmed in their pub on St John’s Wood Terrace, London.
Anybody spot Phil Jupitus reading the paper as the band trooped in near the start?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

This has to be the best show of the year so far for me, there wasn't a single act i didn't enjoy seeing and hearing, which of course, makes it a tough one when coming to vote. I always try and go for a studio performance, and Amazula and Nu Shooz were both good, but it has to be Bucks Fizz, a decent track, i loved all the drumming, and the new female singer, Wow!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

CoffeeThing wrote
Oh yes, Shelley Preston. I had forgotten just how insanely lovely she is.
Too right, Jay who?

Powerful song too. Style AND substance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

NickGregory92
Great show this week. Was very tempted to vote for Bucks Fizz, but in the end I went for the Housemartins and their very entertaining ‘Happy Hour’ video.

In addition to the absence of audience dancing in the closing credits, it’s interesting to see in the last 3 TOTP editions that Michael Hurll’s name is nowhere to be seen in the credits, with Brian Whitehouse credited as Producer and Director of the shows.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 19/06/86

Gorgeous Daze wrote
CoffeeThing wrote
Oh yes, Shelley Preston. I had forgotten just how insanely lovely she is.
Too right, Jay who?

Powerful song too. Style AND substance.
Indeed, both rather lovely ladies and a great song. On the subject of Jay, and slightly off topic, she is currently recovering from treatment for mouth cancer. She speaks openly about it so there is no problem posting here. Apparently she laid down some tracks for The Fizz (Mike, Cheryl and Jay) pre-treatment so she would have some time for things to settle afterwards. A friend who is a big Bucks Fizz fan says things are going pretty well. Let's hope Jay makes a decent recovery.