This show is presented by (Janice Long & John Peel with brief appearance from Gary Davies & Smiley Miley) and is first screened Friday 14th Dec at 20.30 to 21.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

The Rubberband Man
My vote goes to Erasure with an absolutely brilliant song. 'Sometimes' is magnificent.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

Enjoyed Swing Out Sister, Erasure and the snippet of Debbie Harry (wasn't it around this time she insisted on it being Deborah Harry). Couldn't stand the power rock stuff like Europe & Bon Jovi, bored me rigid then and now.

I went for Swing Out Sister as i thought this second appearance outweighed the first that we saw some 30 minutes earlier. It was the quintessential middle 80's feel good song and Corinne was quite gorgeous.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

Everything'sRosie
SOS almost lost my vote for the second time in an hour, this time to the excellent Erasure, but I'll go for Breakout. A pity they didn't show the full "Deborah" Harry video as French Kissing is the best thing she did outside Blondie.

Agreed, Ryan, that girlie poodle-haired commercial rock was so safe and toothless, the very nadir of rock music. Just awful. I wonder if Bon Jovi had the nous to realise John Peel was taking the proverbial.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

Dancer
I went for Deborah Harry.  Lovely song and agree her best solo outing.  She did not resonate with the music of Chic for KooKoo (single Backfired) but certainly made up for it with this song.  Lovely french lyrics in it too.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

I must say that the first half of this show was better than the last part. So my vote goes to swing out Sister a great performance by the lead singer.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

Gorgeous Daze
My vote has gone to Red Box, an annoying band with an enjoyable song.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

CoffeeThing
Although I can barely remember Ghostdancing, I must say the 'live' version reminded me if that very distinctive and vibrant Simple Minds sound from way back. I enjoyed that one. Similarly, I think Livin' on a Prayer is one of Bon Jovi's best efforts and rather iconic though they did become very samey with that rock style as time went on. For that reason, they pip Erasure who I thought were also superb.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

NickGregory92
SOS for me this week, although I must admit they almost lost my vote to the magnificent Erasure.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

Who's That Hurll
Another swing towards a Breakout victory.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

PattiforPM
Another vote for underground US OFTDs counterculture band Bon Jovi

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

Another cracking episode this week, and plenty of choice when choosing who to vote for, on any other week i would have gone for SOS, but this time i'm going for the fantastic Erasure, it's not very often you see Vince Clarke playing a guitar!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86

  ‘Look at his face. Just Look at his face’. Top of the Pops as presented by Barry Davies- a prospect implied by John Peel for the following week’s programme. But no, what a pity, it will be the  dependable Gary Davies instead, who John has called Barry either deliberately- probably- or by accident. At least Janice seems happier again to be working with her old mucker John.
John you old salt, as he acclaims Bon Jovi with faint praise, my feelings exactly. Will they be on again, I hope not!
A slight dip in quality for this week from the previously shown edition, but still quite good.
More hairy rock to start the show from Europe. I have always liked Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock, but these 80s tricksters who masquerade under this title, or approach it closely, get my goat,. And should be sacrificed on the stone of authenticity. And I like their fawning and knowing attitude even less. I hope this makes sense to others as it does to me.
Erasure could have taken my choice, even though I have never appreciated their stuff much. And all the videos are enjoyable but I am trying to stick to my resolve if picking studio performances. French Kissing in the USA  was a possible choice though.
I voted for Red Box last time and passed over Swing Out Sister, so this time I will do the reverse. I thought the SOS performance this week was better than that before, and Corinne Drewery  looks quite resplendent in her shiny long black Mac. So they win it for me this time.
Whatever happened to Nick Kamen? Again I could find out, but that spoils my rhetorical question. And have we seen the last yet of Take My Breath Away?  I certainly hope so!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/11/86