THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Ghostbusters was a jolly old tune, so i voted for that.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

PattiForPM
Foreigner for this ex-pat

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

NickGregory92
Roy Wood's evergreen classic gets my vote this week.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

I voted for The Thompson Twins for another spirited performance

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Doc
I suspect we've all over dosed on Band Aid and it's many incarnations now. There's been at least 3, possibly 4 versions at No. 1 in the last 33 years.
Edit: Band Aid, Band Aid II, Band Aid 20 and Band Aid 30.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Indeed, Band Aid proved very much a case of diminishing returns. The biblical famine referred to by Michael Burke was really caused by Ethiopia's disastrous Marxist government, of course. Ooh, little bit of politics there! Terrible tragedy all the same.

The Council Collective were dreadful, still, at least we had D C Lee to watch and enjoy.

I'm going for the much maligned Frog Chorus.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Legsfan
I voted for Ghostbusters.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Gorgeous Daze
I've voted for Roy Wood, in no small part because of a story my dad used to fondly recall. Roy lived not too far away and I'd see him around from time to time. One morning when dad called at the petrol station Roy pulled up nearby in his Range Rover and got out to fill up. With good nature if not accuracy dad shouted over, 'Oi Wizzard - give us a song!' To which the good sport responded by breaking into a rendition of one of his best known hits, finishing with a theatrical bow. In turn he was rewarded with a round of spontaneous applause by the amused bystanders whose morning he had brightened up.

The best known song was this one. And it wasn't Christmas time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

GiLuRo
Bit of a mixed bag tonight, some good, some bad, i really enjoyed the Foreigner video and song though, and so they get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

CoffeeThing
I'm a sucker for Christmas records. It's Roy Wood because there will be another chance to vote for Band Aid. Those kids in the choir behind the bearded one will all be not a day under forty now! Scary.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Everything'sRosie wrote
The Council Collective were dreadful, still, at least we had D C Lee to watch and enjoy.
Your so right. Ive watched this again and i simply cannot believe this is the same bloke who burst on the scene in 1977 with the rip roaring `In The City`. Back then he was considered a bit of a demigod with us spotty faced teens so full of angst. A short seven years later hes turned into a bit of a little weasel figure making nondescript songs whilst at the same time making out hes some sort of style icon. Ha, yeah right !

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

AC/PD
I want to know what wins this poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Lee A
It has to be the Frog Chorus for me, it takes me back to my childhood. I used to have it on VHS and used to watch it non-stop.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

We have three great songs to open this show. And written by three great songwriters these being Wood, McCartney and Gershwin. So my voted will go to McCartney. Shame that we can't voted for the other two songs.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Though I usually can't stand Gershwin, as a Glaswegian I must vote for wee Jimi (as he spelled it before he got famous) Somerville.
You've all done vey well!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Who's That Hurll
I wood like to vote for Roy.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 20/12/84

Very close between three of them, but Foreigner take the honours.
RYAN