Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 21/05/87

Gorgeous Daze
To echo Chrissie Hynde, don't get me wrong. I may have voted for an effervescent Whitney song/performance on this rare occasion, but I find IWALY absolutely dreadful. Says a lot that it's become the ultimate love song.

As for the Boss, well his greatness is lost on me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 21/05/87

PattiforPM
Ah well GD, we agree on the Empress but we don't have to agree on the Boss and if I can't persuade a fine platoon member and working lad from the Black Country I have little chance on many others

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 21/05/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
1987 appears to have hit a real flat spot quality-wise. I never really liked Whitney, find her a bit shouty.
Fleetwood Mac for me.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 21/05/87

PattiforPM
The other problem for poor Whit is that she is on the Diva can't Dance hit list.  I must say the virtually unwatchable Celine and Mariah are above her for me but she is pretty close and in the days of brilliant movement by the likes of Janet Jackson, Beyoncé and Madonna it is rather noticeable

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 21/05/87

I went for Fleetwood Mac this time around.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 21/05/87

Michael
I second your defence of The Boss, Mr Nash (what happened to Patti4PM?).

Though I’m not a dyed-in-the-wool fan, I have a great deal of respect for him. His music might not be to everyone’s taste, but his songwriting is always impassioned, candid, cinematic, and deceptively simple.

I’ve only ever seen him play live once, in June 2016 at Wembley. It was an excellent, three and a half hour long show – Bruce really does give his audiences everything he’s got,

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 21/05/87

Who's That Hurll
I've already voted for The Mac, so I'll try my luck with Wet Wet Wet instead.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 21/05/87

Dreadful show, i very rarely award a vote to a video or playout, but this week it's both, Fleetwood Mac, a great song from a great album.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 21/05/87

Big Love, Big Win.