This show is presented by (Nicky Campbell & Andy Crane) and is first screened

Friday 1st November at 21.00 - 21.30.

Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

Michael
Hello Ryan

Absolutely nothing here that floats my boat. I voted for Transvision Vamp simply because they were one of my wife's favorite bands when she was a teenager.

Hopefully the next show will be more inspiring.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

CoffeeThing
My vote went to The Hollies as I predicted it would earlier, however, I liked Lovely Day but prefer the original from ‘78 and also Bon Jovi. I’m beginning to appreciate Rick Astley’s musical abilities too though his work is not always to my taste. Finally, I would very much have liked to give it to Wendy James. Ahem
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

   First of all, an admission from me. When reviewing the earlier edition today, I noted the three Hollies from the band's earlier days. I did not think we got many good close ups of the bassist, but I was pretty sure it wasn't Bern Calvert or even Eric Haydock. But with this later episode I could clearly see that it is ex-Mudman Ray Stiles. How could I have not recognised him? And with this, probably mimed, but better performance I have chosen these Hollies for this week. With little in the way of competition.
  Did the Pasadenas learn their dance moves from watching Five Star videos? I voted for Womack X 2 before, and pass on this repeat performance. I liked the backing talent for Bill Withers, but did they do any singing, or just a military quickstep dance? Bill himself looked ready for a game of Rugby, Saracens or Wasps Mr. Withers? I know many like Rick Astley, and I have nothing against the man himself, but his music was appalling, in my little world. The Pet Shop Boys plus extras are not my thing either, wonder where they picked the extras up from. And Chris Lowe still looks a plonker, then and now.
  The breakers were quite good and perhaps we will see more of them another day. Especially Transvision Vamp and Whitney. Seoul 1988- I remember it well.
   Nicky and Andy, what a nice couple they make. How is married life treating you Nicky? Not a bad edition, but 70s Pop rules O.K!!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

I voted for The Hollies even though i don't like the echo on the backing vocals.
Lovely Day was ruined by this re...whatever it was.I might have voted for Teardrops if the female Womack could have concentrated more.
Loved the hosts calling Astley a genius.How they must have laughed over that.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

Everything'sRosie
The PSBs for me, terrific track wonderfully imbued with Neil & Chris's indelible cynicism. They were on a hot run back then.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

Gorgeous Daze
My vote's gone to The PSBs with friends Trump would build a wall for.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

NickGregory92
My vote this week goes to Rick Astley, and here’s a bit of useless trivia - the keyboard player during this performance is Morecambe & Lunesdale MP, David Morris.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

Who's That Hurll
PSB - all day.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

PattiforPM
Me too

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

I'm still with Womack & Womack – “Teardrops"

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

Not a bad show, almost voted for The Pet Shop Boys, but hopefully i'll get another chance, instead i voted for The Hollies, a great track.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

Pet Shop Boys.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

Mikey
How could i not pick 'genius' Rick Astley, quite easily, i'll go with PSB (although sadly past their best )

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

Hmm, this ones heading towards tie-break territory unless someone does the decent thing !     Ends 20.50pm.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

Just voted for the wonderful and one of my favourite bands. The great Hollies, with the great voice of Alan Clarke.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88

I voted for The Hollies. I really like Lovely Day but I hate the remix.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 22/09/88