This show is presented by (Gary Davies) and is first screened Thursday 21st Feb at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

Everything'sRosie
Hoddle & Waddle. A guilty pleasure if ever there was one

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

I'll go for Terence Trent D’Arby, quite the showman i must say.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

Michael
Going to vote for Madonna...again. Another very underwhelming week :-(

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

I must say that this show for me, was not that great. But I voted for Starship, who I remember as Jefferson Airplane.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

Everything'sRosie wrote
Hoddle & Waddle. A guilty pleasure if ever there was one
Having the names Hoddle & Waddle, I think they missed their USP by going with "Glenn & Chris"
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

The Rubberband Man
Madonna for me, again.
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
A bit better than last week's show but not much. I went for Terry.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

CoffeeThing
Would have gone for Terence, but the Georgie legends had to have my vote.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

  Madonna looks out of her window, she sees a man playing a guitar outside, and starts crying. Was he really that bad? Possibly I have missed something there. The video may be full of Latin clichés, but is enjoyable nonetheless, for one of Madonna's best songs. However I need to pass it over, being a video, for something studio based.
  Sportspeople as Popstars! Wowwee!! We really can shout at them 'Don't give up your day job'. And that includes the England/Scotland/ Arsenal/Liverpool etc. team squads who I can all remember singing on TOTPs. Nothing wrong with them or any sporting person having a go, as long as they come up with something of value. Do Glenn and Chris look back on their musical hit with affection? I do not remember it opening the floodgates for other sportspeople to throw their hat into the recording studio, but I am sure there are others. And I really do hope it will not be too long before we can hear the Sally Gunnell version of 'O Superman'- come on Sally!
  An improvement on the last offering, by a little, bit with a forced party atmosphere. Gary Davies, confetti and balloons. Some of which were enjoyably bouncing around the stage as Five Star were bouncing around the stage in accompaniment. My god they were energetic! I am only envious that I could not move about like that in 1987, and I certainly couldn't now!
  I liked The Smiths and Judy Boucher's efforts- as contrasts. And Terence Trent D'Arby- and an example of a sportsman turned singer- gave a very good performance too, and almost gained my vote.
  Starship, I would still prefer the old incarnation of Jefferson Airplane, no matter what they did in the 80s, and medallion man Tom Jones, seemed very much out of place and out of time here- a while before he regenerated as a younger man again.
  No, I have chosen Junior and Kim, not specifically because it was the best song- that might be The Smiths for me- but they gave a smart and very watchable performance which, I must say, I enjoyed the most. So Junior and Kim it is.
  I am off to persuade Lewis Hamilton to quit the fast cars and bring out his offering of 'Karma Chameleon'. It could- nay should- be done.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

Gorgeous Daze
'Throw your homework onto the fire'. Now there's an infallible line for the youth if ever I heard one! The Smiths are effectively on a victory lap and have fallen foul of their namesake's veto too often. I'm voting for them while I can - 11 votes in until they got off the mark, c'mon!

As with Nana Mouskouri's No.2 hit of 86, the equally high-flying Judy Boucher song is one I strangely have zero recollection of. Just too bland to seep into my consciousness it seems.

Amused by Hanway's wish for Lewis Hamilton to record Karma Chameleon, I'll be waiting patiently for Saido Berahino to release his version of Smiley Culture's 'Police Officer'.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

Hanway2 wrote
and medallion man Tom Jones, seemed very much out of place and out of time here
I agree with that, i can't stand has-beens (which he was) trying their luck again in the pop charts. But hold on. On checking i find he got to number 2 with this, so who can blame them for giving it a go.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

I have to say i loved this show, i remember i recorded it at the time and it was one of those episodes i watched often, and so i have fond memories of it, and indeed of that time. And so when it comes to voting i really am spoiled for choice, i enjoyed  Glenn & Chris, Kim Wilde & Junior were in with a shout, as was Terence Trent D’Arby, but for me it has to be The Smiths, coming toward the end of their career, and the classic Sheila Take A Bow.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

AC/PD
Strewth! A one-off chance to submit a vote for all the ladies Down Under.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

PattiforPM
Smiths for me

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

Hanway2 wrote
Madonna looks out of her window, she sees a man playing a guitar outside, and starts crying. Was he really that bad? Possibly I have missed something there.
Nah, shes crying because the bins haven't been emptied for 3 weeks

I've voted for Kim and Junior wheres he been for the last 4 years?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

Hanway2
Mikey wrote
Hanway2 wrote

Or Madonna could be thinking that her guitar playing stalker had broken his injunction again.

Is that Russell Brand? If so, no wonder she's crying
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

Everything'sRosie
Oh dear, those bins. In that climate there must have been some sort of pen and ink around there. So much for Madge's beautiful island.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/04/87

NickGregory92
I must admit I was very tempted to vote for one of my guilty pleasures, Glenn and Chris. In addition to Diamond Lights, they also had a follow-up song called ‘Its goodbye’, but promotion for this was hampered by Glenn Hoddle’s transfer to AS Monaco and the song only managed to peak at No 92 in the charts.

But my vote goes to Terence Trent D’Arby , who saved the day on a somewhat mediocre show.
12