Use this thread for comments on the show and also to vote on your favourite performance. We will no longer have a separate thread which previewed and reviewed the show. Once the show has been screened by BBC4 use the Nabble poll below to cast your vote. Im not messing about removing the breakers from the poll listing, if you want to vote for them then please do. I will just copy and paste the `Popscene` run-down for every show some 24 hours before broadcast.

This show is introduced by Mike Read & Steve Wright and is first screened Friday 2nd March at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

By a mile i thought this was the strongest show so far from 1985. As for picking a winner, well ive narrowed it down to six. Gotta give it more thought before voting.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

All 3 of the breakers were fine tracks and hopefully i may be able to vote for one or two of them in future shows. But im going with Marillion and their excellent song `Kayleigh`.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Everything'sRosie
I went with the Basildon boys, they might not be everyone's cup of tea but they kept putting out interesting music.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

The Rubberband Man
Remix of "19" tonight. Not the usual version we always hear.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Legsfan
That remix of "19" is rubbish. 10/10 for the original "19", but I just can't stand this remix.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Legsfan
Paul Hardcastle - Legs & Co fan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdv8ycMTfiM

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Everything'sRosie
Hey, thanks for linking that, Legsfan. Hardcastle was the man! Some Ruby in there too.

And there were some nice clips of Pans on the John Denver documentary shown on BBC4 last night after TotPs.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Everything'sRosie
Watching the show again (as I'm snowed in) I have to agree, some terrific records. However, we have a challenger to Bruce Springsteen in the terrible dancer stakes. i name Peter Cox of Go West as the guilty party. Though I do allow for some leniency on account that Call Me is a fantastic pop record.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

PattiforPM
The joy of Katrina and the Waves has washed over me

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Gorgeous Daze
I've voted for a darkening Depeche Mode. Funny their bonces are going in the opposite direction.

Hopefully the 35 minute slot for tonight's repeat means Moore and Lynott will be included at the third time of asking, they cut one of the best and it's strange last night's repeat only got 30 minutes. Unless something's amiss...

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Lee A
Depeche Mode for me. Glad to see OMD in the top 40 countdown too, hopefully we'll get to see some of them in later editions.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

The Rubberband Man
"An itty bitty of Scritti Politti"

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Gorgeous Daze wrote
I've voted for a darkening Depeche Mode. Funny their bonces are going in the opposite direction.

Hopefully the 35 minute slot for tonight's repeat means Moore and Lynott will be included at the third time of asking, they cut one of the best and it's strange last night's repeat only got 30 minutes. Unless something's amiss...
I think this is the last TOTPs BBC Four will edit for timing reasons all shows are now just 30 minutes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Gorgeous Daze
The Rubberband Man wrote
I think this is the last TOTPs BBC Four will edit for timing reasons all shows are now just 30 minutes.
And thus the magic wanes a little more.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Are you familiar with Behind The Wheel ER?, probably my favourite DM song, and a nice grainy black and white video to go with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEAuMiKqP-4

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

CoffeeThing
Went with Fish and the boys, a classic.
This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

I voted for Katrina and the Waves, just a sunny record to listen to.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Lee A
I love Behind The Wheel, I prefer a lot of DM's earlier stuff to be honest.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 23/05/85

Yes, Behind The Wheel is incredible. Thanks for the link Mikey, haven't seen that vid for years. It's like a Jean Luc Goddard or Roman Polanski short. The thing I liked about DM is how they evolved, almost Beatlesque, from a sort of teeny outfit to a truly experimental band. Dave Gahan might have been the front man, but of course it was the songwriting genius of Martin Gore and musical innovations of Alan Wilder, which really drove the band. They are so underrated. And no other band sounds remotely like them.