This show is presented by (Andy Crane & Simon Mayo) and is first screened Friday 29th November at 21.00 - 21.30. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

Hanway2
  Calling yourself Hithouse is open to interpretation, even if you are Dutch. Then calling the track ‘Jack to the Sound of the Underground’ makes smutty minded little boys like me break out in giggles. Sorry can’t help it!
 Nowhere near as good as the earlier edition, and less female dominated. Which was probably why.
 I have had plenty of chances to vote for Robin Beck by now, but her repeated performance has been consumed by others. But this time, in the paucity of opposition, and wanting to give her a go, she wins the prize. Even defeating previous winners in Deacon Blue.
  Comparing Bananarama to The Supremes is like comparing plastic to gold, in my opinion. Especially late 80s ‘Nanas. Wrecking the Supremes output with weak cover versions is not recommended if you want to please me. And the same for the act with their cover of  ‘I Say A Little Prayer’, made glorious by Aretha Franklin, and in itself a cover of Dionne Warwick, but so far better done, by Aretha.
 The rest I have no wish to mention. But is Andy Crane really that tall, or were the audience standing in a ditch? The ditch you can bury Chris de Burgh in, and all his songs with him. Go quietly into the night, Chris, do not look back and make no sound. I want to remember your silence.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

NickGregory92
They’re certainly getting their money’s worth out of Deacon Blue, given this is the fourth episode to feature Real Gone Kid. Still, I’m not complaining as it is a great song.

Other than that, not a particularly exciting lineup on this week’s episode, but in the end I voted for the breaker from Pet Shop Boys.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

The Rubberband Man
I'll leave the Pet Shop Boys til next time, and vote for Hithouse – Jack To The Sound Of The Underground, "Mind The Gap"..... "Stand Clear Of The Doors Please"

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

CoffeeThing
Still Deacon Blue.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

PattiforPM
I did write/ring, I did call and I voted too

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

Not a very good show this week, i did like Bananarama though, they get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

Everything'sRosie
I went for Jackson and that video. His last half-decent record as far as I'm concerned, from then on it was rubbish all the way. I too will wait to vote for the PSBs. Amazing record.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

Gorgeous Daze
I'm almost finally converted to Abstention. But instead - heaven help me - I'm voting for Chris de Burgh simply for his gentle honesty against the prevailing tide.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

Who's That Hurll
Ooooohhhh weeeeee you bugger!

My vote goes to the dance tune that became the theme to the legendary sketch show, 'The Mary Whitehouse Experience'. (Wot? Still no DVD release? ).

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

Michael
Hello Ryan

I nearly opted for the Pet Shop Boys here, but in the end it was Decon Blue who got my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88

Just voted for the Deacon Blue record.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 24/11/88