This show is presented by (Janice Long) and is first screened Friday 16th Nov at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Pretty decent show again. Im finding 1986 to be much better than i remembered first time around. I enjoyed the Huey Lewis & The News video and it was a jolly old tune to boot, so im going for that.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Everything'sRosie
Not too much to interest me on tonight's show, and I'd happily have left Huey marooned on that desert island . I voted for that Love Can't Turn Around thing.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Not taken with this edition. In fact hottie appeal caused me to almost consider voting for Huey Lewis & The News! Paul Simon's record is a likeable one, but another full performance of the master of Jacks and his ebullient frontman's emergent House classic is I feel worth another vote.

Recall Big Country's video being compared to the British Gas shares ad campaign.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

The Rubberband Man
I voted Farley the last time.
I like the rap / rock crossover genre groundbreaker from Run DMC, so that gets my vote this week.
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Michael
Loose Ends were a very interesting and innovative outfit. Though the track featured here isn’t quite to the standard of “Hangin’ On a String”, it still gets my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

PattiforPM
I'm with Huey too this time

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

CoffeeThing
I didn't wildly like or dislike any this week. The Communards got my vote for an energetic studio performance. Memorable song too. Run DMC were the main contenders, could have gone either way so the studio was the tie breaker.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Not as good as last weeks show, but still a couple of decent acts. Quite liked Amazulu, and Run DMC, The Communards put in a good performance and genuinely seemed to enjoy themselves, but my vote goes to Huey Lewis & The News.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

 I admit to watching the late showing of this edition, at 00.30, after returning home from work. And falling asleep on a couple of occasions during the programme. So I will not add too much in my review.
Hosted admirably by the always enthusiastic Janice, this was another good TOTPs. My nodding off more to do with tiredness than boredom.
 I may have been too harsh on Huey and company before, I quite liked the full edition of the video. But then again I do ‘Love the 80s now’. A possible contender for me. Also, will I get another chance to vote for ‘Walk This Way’? Another possibility. And has Steve Tyler ever recorded the song ‘What a Mouth, What a Mouth’? It could have been written for him.
Does anyone go to Church these days? Loose Ends looked like they were dressed up in their Sunday best. A third one I liked as well!
I can’t remember if I voted for ‘Love Can’t Turn Around ‘ or not but it is always a pleasure to watch the singer at work.
 No, I have decided to pick Amazulu and ‘ Montego Bay’. A good performance anyway, and a reminder, obviously, of the Pan’s routine from 1970, of which we can enjoy a fragment, for public consumption.
If you see Paul Simon, ask him who who nicks his tunes from? He’s being doing it since helping the late great Jackson C. Frank, in London in 1965. ( Needed to get that off my chest )!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Mikey
I'll give Al a vote

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

NickGregory92
Darryl Pandy’s rather energetic live performance of ‘Love can’t turn around’ gets my vote this week.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Like Mikey I just voted for the Paul Simon song taken from a great album.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Who's That Hurll
I was handy to Mr Pandy last time, so this week I'll stick with Huey and his castaways.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Hanway2
 Can anyone tell me if there will be a new number 1 for the next edition of TOTPs shown this week.
I don’t think I can stand another week of the preening and posturing of Jimmy and Sarah Jane. And it has given me a serious earworm!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Who's That Hurll
It's 'Sky At Night' on Thursday, so there will only be a Friday TOTP this week. We're going to miss the Mike Smith hosted 2/10 episode and luckily for you, that has the Communards video shown for it's forth and final week at number one.

The 9/10 episode we will see on Friday, has Madonna's video for 'True Blue's only week at the top.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Pleased to see middle 80s OFTDs whipping boy Mr H Lewis winning this poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Pleased to see middle 80s OFTDs whipping boy Mr H Lewis winning this poll.
Well played that young lady in the silver dress.

Never thought this would happen! Victory must taste very sweet in a certain corner. Must admit that poor Huey has come in for a disproportionate amount of stick. Like this week for example, where Genesis escaped with an even blander song going unmentioned. It's that tedious it can't even generate a 20 second connection between fingertips and keypad.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Hanway2
  I am probably as guilty as anyone for bashing Huey Lewis and the News, so I feel I should pronounce a very well deserved congratulations to the band for winning this editions poll.
And I agree that the Genesis track is worse. So bad, I had completely forgotten it by the time it came for me to comment.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

VintageVideos
I like Huey's music, in small doses. I have a best of and it isn't half bad actually. The songs sound a bit samey, but noone is compelled to listen to 70 mins of his music non-stop
"Invisible Touch" was when Genesis lost me permanently. Although Land of Confusion was ok. The soppy ballads that were to follow are quite unbearable.
And when the stewardess is near do not show any fear
12