Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

I agree about the Genesis track. Dreary beyond belief.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

 I feel as though I have entered a parallel universe where people are being reasonably nice to Huey!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Everything'sRosie
Congratulations to Huey...didn't see that one coming. Not a fan of his music but he always came across as a personable sort of guy. I remember him being sent up on that Saturday evening show Tidybeard used to do in the 80s and taking it all in good heart, so I think he'd see the funny side of our ribbing.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Hanway2 wrote
And I agree that the Genesis track is worse. So bad, I had completely forgotten it by the time it came for me to comment.
I'd forgotten about it before the wretched thing had ended. Could this really be the same band that produced the superb Supper's Ready and In Your Wardrobe?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Michael
Yes, congratulations to Mr Lewis and his News!

Though I didn’t vote for the song myself, I am pleased he won. I’m what you might call a ‘low-key’ fan, and have a few of his albums, including the one which this track comes from, which is actually worth a listen.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 25/09/86

Michael
Too right! That Genesis track is an utter dirge. Phil and the gang, other than the occasional track, lost me after “Duke”.

And just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, “I Can’t Dance” happened 😖
12