Use this thread for comments on the show and also to vote on your favourite performance. Once the show has been screened by BBC4 use the Nabble poll below to cast your vote. Im not messing about removing the breakers from the poll listing, if you want to vote for them then please do. I will just copy and paste the `Popscene` run-down for every show some 24 hours before broadcast (well thats when i remember to).

This show is introduced by Janice Long & John Peel and is first screened Thursday 26th April at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

Doc
Looks like an episode where the fast forward would have been useful. (I think we had a video recorder by then).
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

Before ive even watched the show, im reasonably sure i will be voting for the play-out track.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

I must say that this was a poor edition, this week. So like Ryan said I voted for Amii Stewart it just stood out.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

Legsfan
Definitely Amii for me too. Memories of the Legs & Co routine

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

Yes i will go for the play-out and the rip roaring `Knock On Wood` from Amii Stewart. Good memories that song from when the show 6 years earlier was more suited to my tastes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

The Rubberband Man
David Bowie performed a Live version of "Knock On Wood" and it's on the David Live album.

The BBC filmed this this rather lacklustre video for Top Of The Pops (Warning: Savile appears at the end).

Such a shame Pan's People didn't get the chance to do their thing to this great record instead.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

I liked Dan Hartman,Ferry,Bananarama,Madness and UB40 but i voted for The Thompson Twins

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

Gorgeous Daze
My vote goes to someone else who brings back memories of better days for TOTP: Dan Hartman. Though while Instant Replay is rip-roaring I can't say that I Can Dream About You is any greater than pleasant.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

Everything'sRosie
First Tina Turner sings "we don't need another hero" and then Bonnie Tyler comes along claiming she's "holding out for a hero"

I wish these pop stars would make up their bleeding minds. Women!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

NickGregory92
All aboard the D Train

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

CoffeeThing
I rarely go for end credits performances and was going to choose Dan Hartman until Aimii Stewart happened along at the eleventh hour. Top pop and I seemed to have it as 70s in my head.

Edit: Just read Ryan's post, '79 it was then, glD I wasn't going mad. Okay, madder then!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

VintageVideos
Not a very exciting edition. I like the Bryan Ferry song, so I am giving it my vote even though it was 'just' a breaker.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

The Rubberband Man
I own a copy of Amii Stewart “Knock On Wood” on 12" clear vinyl, so it gets my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

A pretty dull episode this week, but i have to sat i enjoyed the Dan Hartman song and performance so he gets my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

Gorgeous Daze
I didn't remember the Madness song but I can't help thinking it had an appropriate title. I didn't recall the Bananarama number either and they too sounded in need of reinvigoration. Which they would soon get to their commercial if not necessarily artistic benefit.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

Who's That Hurll
I'm putting my thoughts of voting for Dan Hartman into reality.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

So artistes that Legs & Co danced to during their tenure on the show, come first, second and joint third in this. Amii, Hartman & Ferry.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

Remarkably, our poll figures for Amii Stewarts other win back in 1979 for `Knock On Wood` were nearly the same.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/08/85

zenon
Really enjoyed that edition, one of the best shows of 1985 for me. After a false start with Mai Tai, it just takes your breath away, Dan Hartman, D Train and Thompson Twins were brilliant and they saved the best to last with the audience dancing to Amii. Liked how they spread out the charts, breakers and top 10 videos and really good chemistry between John and Janice.

Originally a 7:55pm start, this was the last show before it moved to 7pm the next week and would stay there until 6/6/96 - however - 33 years later we will still get these at 7:30pm.