This show is presented by (Gary Davies & Mark Goodier) and is first screened Thursday 7th November at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Who's That Hurll
                               Did one of Sinitta's backing dancers remind you of anyone?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Mikey
I'm first  (dont think ive ever been first )

Er anyway T'Pau

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

CoffeeThing
I liked U2 and Erasure a lot but The Hollies’ studio performance was great and they were clearly having fun so they get my vote again.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

 Didn’t have the chance  to give this edition my undivided attention, and no wish or time to rewatch on the Iplayer. Some things I liked, such as The Hollies and T’Pau, but have decided against voting for either of them.
  Briefly, I have surprised, and surpassed, myself by going for Sinitta. Rubbish song and production, but with a Luluesque backing dancer how could I say no?
 And I do not feel any need to add more this time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Gorgeous Daze
The week has arrived to support the veterans. A song I like more now than then, and it certainly beats all the music by numbers on offer from the SAW filiies and mare.

It didn't occur while watching, but I do now see the resemblance to later Lulu!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Poundland Lulu.
Only the original will do, but it's nice if Lulu was her inspiration and influence.

My vote goes to U2

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Sorry, i can't vote for any of this lot. Hopefully next time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Everything'sRosie
It has to be The Hollies, even though I don't normally vote for re-releases. Carol Decker did look rather dishy in that vid, but I thought the song was rubbish and her voice really grates.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Some good, some bad on this weeks show. Great track from U2, and they almost got my vote early on, i quite liked the T'Pau track and video and can't actually remember it from back in the day, but i have to say the Hollies fantastic so they get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Who's That Hurll
Nothing special here, but I've decided to vote for Whitney and memories of watching the Seoul Olympics.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

NickGregory92
Was this week’s episode sponsored by Stock Aitken Waterman?

At long last, my vote goes to the Hollies and their No1.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

GiLuRo wrote
i quite liked the T'Pau track and video
I liked T'Pau's video so much I went to explore the maze. I found it's at Symonds Yat which straddles the River Wye on the Herefordshire-Gloucestershire border, it was created in 1977,  and it's still there and open to the public.

Indeed, The Jubilee Maze. I visited it the year after it opened, which allowed for much cheating as the hedges were so low and sparse you could simply step over them if you went the wrong way. I confess I was guilty of this misdemeanour. By the time Carol was there ten years later things had changed somewhat.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Gorgeous Daze
Everything'sRosie wrote
Gorgeous Daze wrote
GiLuRo wrote
i quite liked the T'Pau track and video
I liked T'Pau's video so much I went to explore the maze. I found it's at Symonds Yat which straddles the River Wye on the Herefordshire-Gloucestershire border, it was created in 1977,  and it's still there and open to the public.
Indeed, The Jubilee Maze. I visited it the year after it opened, which allowed for much cheating as the hedges were so low and sparse you could simply step over them if you went the wrong way. I confess I was guilty of this misdemeanour. By the time Carol was there ten years later things had changed somewhat.
That's amusing ER!  Hedge-growth just isn't timed for capitalism is it?, but they evidently weren't going to let that be the cause of hanging around for years waiting for a suitable time to open.

According to TripAdvisor reports it's actually quite difficult now, intrepid visitors not helped by mischievous misdirections from the viewing platform.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

Gary Davies was absolutely right. U2 were undoubtedly the greatest band in the world at that time and get my vote.
I also like the Whitney Houston song.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

PattiforPM
Old Grey Whistler wrote
Gary Davies was absolutely right. U2 were undoubtedly the greatest band in the world at that time.

True dat

U2 dreadful, Houstan even worse.

In fairness you only like edgy angry people who sing out of tune!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/09/88

PattiforPM
Lol shhh OGW, you're strengthening his argument against Bono