This show is presented by (Gary Davies & Steve Wright) and is first screened Thursday 9th May at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Everything'sRosie
There's one track here I have no memory of, but it's fantastic

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Yep, i'll go for that one as well.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Legsfan
I’ve voted for The Bee Gees and I’m hoping that they win again.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Two sensational recordings amongst the breakers, and for me George Harrison just edges it over T'Pau.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Gorgeous Daze
Scarlet Fantastic beat the rest of the studio opposition by light years, and though there were good songs elsewhere there was never the slightest doubt where my vote was going.

A very promising remodeling of the Swansway remainers, going more accessible while retaining an indie edge. A shame that history repeated itself and SF charted only once more and just like Swansway that was outside the top fifty and a song that's virtually unknown - certainly in both instances to me!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

CoffeeThing
Tough call this week, I liked several fairly equally. Based on little more than my having previously voted for some of them already and the price of ferrets, I’ve gone for the rather excellent George Harrison! Have to say though, I still love that Fleetwood Mac song and Stevie Nicks too come to think of it.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Michael
While there were better ‘performances’ on this show, I’m going with the Style Council as their offering was (for me) the most interesting from a musical point of view.

I’d totally forgotten about Scarlet Fantastic. Their performance was fun but I didn’t much like their song.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Bit of a dull episode his week as far as i'm concerned, there was one exception though, a group and song i have absolutely no recollection of, and so they get my vote, Scarlet Fantastic.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Dancer
Voted for Eurhythmics as this song was really good as was video but in terms of sales did not do very well.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

NickGregory92
The girl standing to the right of Steve Wright is a bit of alright!

1

As for the show itself, my vote goes to good ol’ Rick Astley with a catchy, uplifting follow-up to ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Mikey
I'll double the vote count for Fleetwood Mac then.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

  Having just watched this on the BBC iplayer I thought it was a good edition for the period. There were three tracks that stood out for me, all conforming to my long predilection for female vocalists*.
  Clearly these are T'Pau, Scarlet Fantastic and Fleetwood Mac. T'Pau and Carol Decker being a breaker, we should see more in a future programme so are passed over this time. Fleetwood Mac and Christine McVie** was the better song and a good video, and only lost out because of the studio presence of Scarlet Fantastic and Maggie de Monde. Every inch a woman, with several feet to spare, I say.
  Early on I thought I might have to vote for His Rickness- perish the thought- but the Ladies came to my rescue. A Toast to female singers of all descriptions everywhere. Hip, Hip Hooray!

  *If only Ruth could sing, she might have fronted my rock band when she retired from Pan's- I would have learnt any number of instruments to support her.
  ** Stevie Nicks really did not look very well in that video. Her demons very much controlling her, I feel.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

Who's That Hurll
My mind's set on voting for Mr Harrison.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

I voted for Fleetwood Mac.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87

The Rubberband Man
Nice to get the whole of the song this week, even if it was left to the last.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 29/10/87