This show is presented by (Peter Powell & Steve Wright) and is first screened Friday 22nd Feb at 19.30 - 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

I will go for the second item on the list, Starship, a real feel good tune. That Kim Cattrall was a bit of a babe back then, infact shes not bad now.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

AC/PD
Last opportunity for relaxation on the beautiful island of San Pedro.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

   To be very brief this time, two very, very good performances stood out for me in this edition of TOTPs. I was very undecided about which to choose as they both merited a win, I thought. And I feel like I cheated slightly in that I had a look at the TVRDb to check if either of those artistes would reappear on a later show. And it said that one would, so I have gone for the other.
  The Starship 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now' is an enjoyably silly video- and as I do not think I have ever seen the film, that is all I see. Grace Slick being the only member left from the great Jefferson Airplane days, still looked good. And if you want to see Grace looking better, and hear a great, but short,  number, take the chance to look up the Airplane's 'White Rabbit' if you haven't done so already- and 'Feed Your Head'.
  Level 42 can de discarded easily- just not my thing. and Madonna we have seen much of lately, and enough Spanish and Latino references to shake a set of Maracas at. And Duran Duran can meet as many Presidents as they like, as long as they don't invite me to come along as well. Was I being hard on Tom Jones before? No sir, I was not. A fine singer in his time, and a true star then, but his ship had long sailed by 1987, and left him marooned on an island.
 Oh Steve Wright what a card you are! If I said I liked your jumper would you stop dancing, please!! Pity Peter Powell is such a nice bloke- or he could have flattened him!
  This edition came in with a bang and left in a whimper. Apart from Starship, the best two performances were from Labi Siffre, with his poignant and serious song and message with regard to the horrors and abominations of South Africa- still under the Apartheid system at the time. A great effort, and one I seriously considered, but he should appear again, and I would hope to pick him that time. But I really liked the Scottish rockers, the Jesus and Mary Chain as well. and, as they will not be back, I plumped for them this time. A really really good showing from them convinced me of their worth- and another example of TOTPs starting off with a big 'hit'.
  Well, I haven't been brief at all. What do you know- I shall go and watch White Rabbit again for the 500th time, probably.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Everything'sRosie
Not a bad show by any means. I went with our dour friends from East Kilbride with the excellent, and strangely melodic, April Skies.

Jones the Voice seems to have modeled his new image on a millionaire scrap dealer who used to frequent my local a few years ago.

And did those naughty Duranies sneak some risque lyrics past the censor there:
  she said when the chamber's empty...
  ...meet el presidente

or do I desperately need to see a psychiatrist?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

The Rubberband Man
I''m going for the Jesus & Mary Chain, or was it Jesus & The Mary Chain or Mary & The Jesus Chain

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Gorgeous Daze
Outlaws then, outlawed by Mike Smith next time. I'll run the risk of assisting an offender and vote for Spear Of Destiny's breaker.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

The Rubberband Man wrote
I''m going for the Jesus & Mary Chain, or was it Jesus & The Mary Chain or Mary & The Jesus Chain
Yup Da Vinci Code for me too

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Compared to last weeks show, i thought this was a poor offering, with only two acts to consider voting for. The first, Level 42 would normally do it for me, but this wasn't their best song so they don't get it this time, the second was a band i know nothing about, but they caught my attention and i thought they put on a good performance, so this weeks vote goes to  The Jesus & Mary Chain.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Everything'sRosie wrote
And did those naughty Duranies sneak some risque lyrics past the censor there:
  she said when the chamber's empty...
  ...meet el presidente

or do I desperately need to see a psychiatrist?
No, i was thinking the same thing , not one of their better efforts for sure.

I've voted for Starship. Just wondering if a late entry of a pic of Kim Cattrall in Mannequin in the GOTE is in order.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

NickGregory92
My vote goes to Level 42 with what was an underrated number in my opinion.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Michael
Again, not an inspiring episode, but Spear of Destiny piqued my interest enough to prevent me voting for Madonna...again.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Who's That Hurll
It may be only a breaker, but Fleetwood Mac's big sound and clever video make it an easy choice.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Gorgeous Daze
Disappointing as it hovered in the high twenties for a few weeks that TOTP completely overlooked The Damned's cracking goth-tinged cover of the Love classic, Alone Again Or. Especially as it turned out to be their last hit single. Slightly ridiculous video, admittedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYVDN27CrOo

Happily they're still going strong and last year Evil Spirits gave them their first ever Top Ten album.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

I voted for Fleetwood Mac this time in the poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Everything'sRosie
I'd rather jack

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

CoffeeThing
A bit hot and cold this week. Labi Siffre came very close but Fleetwood Mac just sneaked my vote.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Again another slight improvement in this episode. At least we seem to be going in the right direction.

For me the 2 stand-out songs were Labi Siffre and Tom Jones - I can't believe neither has received a vote until now!
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Disappointing as it hovered in the high twenties for a few weeks that TOTP completely overlooked The Damned's cracking goth-tinged cover of the Love classic, Alone Again Or. Especially as it turned out to be their last hit single. Slightly ridiculous video, admittedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYVDN27CrOo

Happily they're still going strong and last year Evil Spirits gave them their first ever Top Ten album.
That Damned track was a long way from New Rose, wasn't it! I'd heard it before but always assumed it was by The Moody Blues, or something similar.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/04/87