Use this thread for comments on the show and also to vote on your favourite performance. We will no longer have a separate thread which previewed and reviewed the show. Once the show has been screened by BBC4 use the Nabble poll below to cast your vote. Im not messing about removing the breakers from the poll listing, if you want to vote for them then please do. I will just copy and paste the `Popscene` run-down for every show some 24 hours before broadcast.

This show is introduced by Janice Long and is first screened Thursday 8th March at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

THE POLL IS CLOSED

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Just looking at the line-up, im quite looking forward to viewing this show. So many tracks i like and eliminating some will be difficult when i vote. Getting a bit tired now though of our Number 1.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Legsfan
I wonder what happened to John Peel?

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Looking forward to this show, especially the first performance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

The video to Animotion  `Obsession` is quite superb. Romanesque (theres a word not often used on here) in places.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Legsfan
Apparently Top of the Pops is live tonight. Looks like a good show and at 30 minutes it should fit into the 7.30 showing.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

zenon
He was too distraught to host it because of the Heysel disaster the previous night as he was a Liverpool FC fan.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Legsfan wrote
I wonder what happened to John Peel?
John was due to co-present this edition with Janice, but he'd been at the European Cup Final match the night before, and the tragic events that unfolded had put an emotional strain on him.

Thanks for the info Zenon & RBM.

Jonathan King’s mention has been edited out. They were okay leaving his hame in a few months ago.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Legsfan
Tricia likes Billy Ocean

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Well this was another great show with six tracks that i really like. Im gonna plump for Stephen Tin Tin Duffy's studio performance of `Icing On The Cake`.

Incidentally, the promo video for this is one of my favs from the 80s, festooned with modelesque females.
https://youtu.be/QrKtrIxn4XU

I thought the studio performance was good, enhanced by the backing singer wearing the latex dress - was she the icing on the cake?  lol

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

The Rubberband Man
There's a coincidence with this show....  in John Peel's absence, Janice Long becomes the first woman to present TOTPs solo, and we watch it today on International Women's Day.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Everything'sRosie
A strange edit straight after the Tin Tin performance. I wonder what Janice said? We know there was no removed performance so why the cut? Anyway, that beguiling backing singer did it for me too. I've seen her before in a Status Quo promo. I doubt if it was her on the record either.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

The Rubberband Man wrote
 and we watch it today on International Women's Day.
Ahhh Yawn. Sorry, but ive had a bucket full of this International Women's Day nonsense. Just another thing to wind me up in this ever increasing nauseating 21st century. I make no apology to being a dinosaur from the olden days

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Everything'sRosie wrote
A strange edit straight after the Tin Tin performance. I wonder what Janice said? We know there was no removed performance so why the cut?
She mentioned that Jonathan King was obsessed with Obsession.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoDrC-CoGFM

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

Everything'sRosie
Aha, I suspected a mention of one of the "terrible" trio. Thank goodness we have a caring editing team to protect our fragile sensibilities. Thanks LF.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

NickGregory92
In addition to John Peel's absence, it appears the on-screen graphics man was running late to this edition of TOTPs

An excellent show this week with a great selection of songs, especially from Propaganda, Mai Tai and Billy Ocean (who gets Tricia's seal of approval). My vote goes to Scritti Politti and one of their finest tunes, The Word Girl.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 30/05/85

CoffeeThing
I think the remix of 19 is possibly harder hitting than the regular version. My vote goes to Gary Numan, I really like Are Friends Electric and the live EP version is good.
This week, I are be mostly eating fish
12