Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Locked 50 messages Options

Your Questions For Pauline Peters

With the success of the last Q&A with Sue, I have been in touch with Pauline over the possibility of organizing a `Questions For Pauline` thread on One For The Dads.

She has kindly agreed to this and I happily invite you all to submit questions. I originally thought of making it one member one question, but see no reason why the questions cant be limitless in their total. So this is what i propose. We ask her a question/s in the form of a post, and you can ask as many questions as you like.

The thread will be open for a period of 10 days, once that time is up i shall will ask Ryan to lock the thread. This will give Pauline some time to consider her responses.

Once she is ready the thread will be re-opened for her replies. I hope very much you guys will come up with lots of questions. I will start the ball rolling with a set of questions in the next post.

Big thanks for Pauline (& Mike) for taking time out to do this for OFTD's, and I hope you guys can put her at ease and give another member of Legs & Co a huge warm OFTD's welcome.

Don't forget you can hear Sue & Pauline on TOTP Playback, this may inspire some questions....here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17lx43_legs-co-totp-19-02-1981-sue-pauline-interview-totp-playback-tx-24-11-2013_creation

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

My first batch of questions for Pauline are:-

1) Was it a difficult decision to leave Legs & Co when you did (for other commitments), was it something you had thought about for sometime or was it an on the spur moment.  It must of been really hard to leave the dance troupe behind after almost 5 years.  Was this a decision you made by yourself or did you discuss it with Mike.  Was it the best thing to do in hindsight that Legs & Co only had another year left, or were there times you regretted it.

2) When you left was there a send off party and gifts from the other girls, and were you thanked by Flick and BBC for all your hardwork, and was the door left open should you wish to return.

3) I would assume there were highlights and lowlights in your dancing career, which are the most memorable for you.

4) Your solo appearance on TOTP dancing (and swinging) to Gladys Knight & The Pips 'Come Back and Finish What You Started' was there a risk of danger (as there was with Pans People on swings), how high up was the swing (Flick was known to raise the swing higher, so the camera didn't catch the safety net) and assuming these practices were not health & safety conscious at the time, you looked like you had a great time or was that misleading.

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Big thanks to Pauline for kindly agreeing to this Q&A session, also thanks to Andee for arranging it. I hope lots of members of OFTDs ask lots of questions.

1-Pauline, im interested in your audition for Legs & Co. But before that, im curious if you also went to any of the auditions for Pans People in the late summer of 75 or the Ruby Flipper auditions in the spring of 76 ?

2-Did you turn up for your Legs & Co audition with any great hopes, did you have a good feeling this was to be your day ?

3-Were there lots of other girls there, like 100s ?

4-Did you have to return for a second audition or did Flick & Ruth pick you on the day ?

5-Were you the first new girl to be picked or was it Rosie ? I understand Gill was the final pick.

6-Were any of Sue, Patti or Lulu present during the audition ?

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

PattiForPM
This is great news and thanks so much Pauline for agreeing to this and to Say When, ADB, Ryan and whoever else had a part in setting it up.  Now a few questions from me;

1.  Not sure if you recall this Pauline, but in the early routine "Do You Feel Like I Do" you run off at the end of the incomplete clip we have to do a solo (which we sadly don't see).  Do you remember anything about this solo?

2.  Who's idea was it to include your lovely wedding picture in "Together We are Beautiful"?  Did you volunteer or was it Flick or perhaps peer pressure?

3.  Do you have any memories of your cabaret experiences with Legs & Co?

4.  Were you always in touch with the other ladies from Legs & Co or did you lose touch and re-contact at some point?

5.  How do you feel about the resurgence of interest in the Dance Troupes?

Thanks for thinking about these questions Pauline
Stu

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Stu
This post was updated on .
Thanks to all concerned for arranging this, with special thanks to Ryan, Andeebee, Mike, and of course the lovely Pauline.

1) My favourite performance of yours so far (I’m only watching them as they appear on BBC4 re-runs) is Egyptian Reggae, what has been your favourite of the ones shown so far?

2) Have you been watching the TOTP re-runs, and how do you feel when you see them again?

3) Are there people that know you now that were previously unaware of your time in L&C until the recent TOTP re-runs, and if so how do they react about it?

4) How did the other girls react when you announced that you were leaving?

5) You always look genuinely happy whilst performing, was this the case or were there times when it was more of a job than a passion?

6) What sort of things have you done in your professional life since L&C, and how does your time in the troupe compare with the things that you’ve done since?

7) Are you still in regular contact with the other girls?

8) As a fellow 6th July baby, can you tell me what has been your favourite birthday so far and why?

9) Are you aware of the DOTD scoreboard on here, and if so how do you feel about it?

10) After this barrage of questions from ourselves, I think it's only fair to redress the balance in some small measure, so what would be your question to OFTD's members? ...and I think it's only fair that all members answer...including 'Say When'.

11) And finally, how difficult has it been to have to cope with being the most beautiful woman on the planet?

Stuey

P.S I realise I’ve asked quite a few questions, so please feel free to just cherry pick the ones that you want to answer.

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Pd where are you ? Just remember from Thursday you always mentioned your favourite lady although she wasn't there

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Hi Pauline. Thank you for taking the plunge. You will find the water nice and warm.

Some questions I might have asked have already been covered by others. But otherwise:

1) What do you think your biggest strengths were as a dancer and do you think Legs & Co. provided a platform where you could explore and demonstrate them to your full potential?

2) 'Then' and now, what is your favourite music and who are your favourite artists?

3) With its huge audience and place as a national institution, did you get nervous about performing on TOTPs?
And if so did you get less nervous over time?

4) Who were your favourite TOTPs presenters?

5) Which musicians that you met did you like most personally?

6) Which costume or costumes that you wore in Legs & Co. did you like the best?

7) You've got the loveliest smile anyone could wish to see. Which of the girls - including yourself - would you say had/has the best sense of humour?

8) In which routine do you feel you gave your finest performance?

9) As a professional and member of the finest dance troupe that ever was and will ever be, how does it feel to have a load of blokes who in the main know nothing about dancing commenting on, rating, and reviewing your work?

Thanks again Pauline for being such a sport.

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

You can ask questions you know BB

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

BeautifulBabs
That's v true adb have to say Pauline looked gorgeous in a pic from a recent Sean Tilley event love her in chanson d'amour too

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Sorry to butt in but GD Question #9 is a corker

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Paperboyplod
Had you known the fate of Legs & Co.'s TOTPs reign, at the time that you decided to leave them, would you have stayed with the other girls for a least a few more months, 'till it was time for you all to depart the programme for pastures new?

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Yep i concur with that P4PM, great question GD.

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Pauline, your performance in `Lost In Music` was quite simply off the chart and possibly one of the sexiest by all the TOTPs dancers ever. Do you remember performing to that routine. (though i have to admit, those cages didn't look all that secure and easily escapable).

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

almost identical to my question one Justin
Hopelessly Devoted to Sue

Stu

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Stu
I can concur with other members in that GD's q9 is inspired and the one that I look forward to being answered the most.

Stuey

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Heres a good one for you Pauline. Would you like to appear on `Im A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here`. Would you fancy coping with creepy crawlies, eating horid bugs, dodgy toilets and even worse, Ant & Dec. If not yourself, i reckon Sue should be invited on it, what do you think ?

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Adorable Gillusion
Hi Pauline

1. Were you a fan of Pans People and if so did you have a favourite dancer?

2. Which routine if any do you most regret missing out on?

3. How did your family and friends react to seeing you dance on TOTP every week, did the more risque routines cause any problems for you?

4. Do you still have a keen interest in dancing or is that all a distant memory for you, do you watch Strictly for instance?

5. Did you ever encounter any racism during your time with L&Co?

6. Sum up in one sentence your time with L&Co

Thank you very much for answering our questions Pauline :)

And a big thank you to Andee for making this happen

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Pauline, i think you are going to be a busy girl answering all our questions. Once again as administrator of this forum i thank you for doing so. Heres another that im curious about. You appeared in this video for Cliff Richard's `Hey Mr Dream Maker` just before your Legs & Co debut, are you kind of disappointing you are not more prominent in this video. Its clearly you, but its a shame we don't see more of you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwnDLxAMjQ

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

47 questions so far for Pauline. Brilliant stuff guys, really pleased the way this is going.

Re: Your Questions For Pauline Peters

Suefan
Hi Pauline

As you've already been bombarded with a barrage of questions I'll just ask which was your favourite dance routine?