Your collective votes for `best dancer` choices for Pans People

Your collective votes for `best dancer` choices for Pans People

Last week i asked you to consider your 5 choices for your fantasy Pans people line-up. In that you made your choices manly on looks and style and in effect you voted for your favourite 5 dancers. On this poll im asking you to select who you thought were the 5 most talented dancers in Pans People, to put it in simple terms the best 5 dancers in terms of ability and skill. Being a good technical dancer is all very good, but also consider things in your votes like versatility, stage presence and facial expressions. They are just 3 facets along with technical ability that go towards being a best dancer.

We had a terrific response on last weeks poll, with 22 of you taking part. The results of which can be found here http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Your-fantasy-Pans-People-line-up-as-voted-for-by-you-tp4100285.html. It will be interesting to compare how both line-ups look once both polls are finalized.

Can i remind folk that the poll setter (ie me) can not see who is voting for who, so the poll is completely secret in that respect. If you would however like to share your five with us, then please comment in the usual way in the thread.

                                                         THE POLL IS NOW CLOSED.
Your `best` 5 dancers in Pans People
You can select up to 5 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

This week ive also gone for 3 of the originals, 2 of which are completely different from the 3 originals i picked in my fantasy line-up from last week.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

A small switch for me.  I believe Flick made some comments about pulling herself from the team for proficiency  concerns but I think she's a fine dancer and find some of her small number of available dances very good indeed

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

As much as i admire FCs choreography, she was never in the frame when it came to my choices for best dancer. I do wonder how she will fair in this though.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

VintageVideos
There are three dancers which I consider the 'best' of the pack:

Dee Dee, Louise & Sue

It's not easy to determine who's next, but I will go for two dancers who were known for their solid performances with hardly ever a slip:

Ruth & Cherry

So there you have my five 'best' dancers.
And when the stewardess is near do not show any fear

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

Mary
Cherry
Sue
Deedee
Ruth

There's no particular order here mind, but I've based most of them on their longevity with Pan's People, & other dance troupes.
The only exception is Mary, who I feel deserves a vote, I thought that she was a great addition, to the dance troupe, & she could adapt easily to different dance styles, of course, she didn't even get a year in PP, & surely was a shoe-in for a place with Ruby Flipper, but she did return to TOTPs with Zoo, albeit briefly.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

I picked Sue,Louise,Ruth,Cherry & Flick.
Quite shocking to see Flick not doing so well.As the choreographer she can do all the moves,ticking all the boxes for 'ability','skill','technical' & 'versatility'.So when talking about a 'talented dancer' i think she deserves to be right up there.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

Alas, I'm not wholly qualified to judge who the most talented dancers in Pans People are. I'll leave that for Craig Revel Horwood, as Legs & Co is more my thing.

So, I'm voting and commenting on who brings the most to a dance routine, and by that I'm thinking about who adds the most value, ie, can provide the x Factor. Therefore, I vote for Louise, Sue, Cherry, Dee Dee, and Mary.
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

I tend to agree with Glenn's point re Flick.  I think sometimes her performances may have suffered as a result of all her other duties leaving her less time to practice the routines.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

L&C4me
My choice remains the same as my Pans dream team. I considered one adjustment but after some thought felt my original dream team had the right make up in terms of technique and presence for the Pans period.
Jim

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

mojo2007
I am going to give this matter more research, studying dances.  Louise was always beautiful  but sometimes seemed a little reserved as a dancer,  Ruth and Dee Dee were always outgoing but goes that make them good dancers ? Its a puzzle. I was discussing them today with a retired nurse in her late 60s.  She stressed that she and her girl friends loved Pans, not just lusting young men.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

PattiforPM
mojo2007 wrote
not just lusting young men.
Nicest thing you've ever said about me I think Mojo

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

I voted for Sue, Louise, Ruth, Cherry and Dee Dee.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

A fly in the ointment has arisen with regards to this poll, unlike last weeks poll which went very smoothly with everybody carefully following the thread rules. I specifically asked then and on this poll for everyone to name `5` dancers when making your choices. The reason for that is sometimes its hard to make tough choices, and i wanted folk to think about who would make up their five.

Now before i get shouted at, i do realize the poll says "you can select up to 5 options". This is the standard Nabble writing that i can't hide or alter when making multiple choice options when starting a poll. In other words i was hoping contributors would follow the thread rules in my first post (like they did on last weeks poll) and name five.

By only naming a single dancer, or say 2 or 3 even, you are handing a disadvantage to the other 9, 8 or 7 dancers in the troupe. Ive noticed that a couple of members have only submitted one dancer. How do i know that ? Well if we have 62 votes (at 16.50pm) , then 12 people have voted correctly, ie submitting 60 votes between them, and we have a couple of users who have given a vote each.

So what can we do to put that right. I will open up the `you can change your vote` function on the poll. Maybe the two folk will then vote again, but this time choose 5 dancers instead of one.

Or we can just say to ourselves, why make all this fuss, its just a throw-away poll that bears no relevance to anything.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

SuPaLu
I thought it was pretty clear Ryan,crystal is opaque in comparison

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

Gorgeous Daze
On what's publicly available I don't think there's quite enough to gauge just what Lee and Mary are capable of, so I've gone for a more classic line-up than in the other poll.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

PattiforPM
Huge divide between the first team and the also rans in this one I must say

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

I wonder if such a huge gap will be there after i unleash my next Pans poll on Monday.

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

While I can understand both Lee and Mary faring poorly in this poll, given their relatively brief tenure coupled with the lack of many of their dances in the public domain, for there to be such a gap between the top five and the others only goes to show we are no dance experts!

Re: (NEW POLL) Vote Here on your `best dancer` choices for Pans People

Yes they are the five i chose and it seems others have chosen the same. They are easily the five stand out candidates.