Quantcast

Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

THIS POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

PattiForPM
Gotta vote for this Big Country song as it's a real favourite of mine

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

CoffeeThing
After the great show the previous evening, I desperately struggled to find anything I liked here. Went with UB40, but half a dozen of yesterday's tunes would have got my vote ahead of it.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

Everything'sRosie
Oh my, this was a bit of a clunker. There again, we've had some great shows recently so we can't complain. Some tired looking acts on this one though. Looked like the audience had to be encouraged by the cheerleaders into applauding the Gary Numan performance. The Stray Cats seemed to have lost their former lustre too. Don't like going for vids but I'm going for those posh Chartwell boys and and their ditty which appears to be about demonic possession. Nice.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

Gorgeous Daze
Gary Numan. Cool E-Bow guitar provided by the post-Be Bop Deluxe Bill Nelson, not the guy miming on TOTP. Bill was on fire in his own work at this time.

ER, Genesis went to Charterhouse. I'd have hoped you'd knock them down to an oiks' establishment rather than send them home from home to Churchill's old pad!

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

Not such a good show this week compared to some of the other recent ones, and i almost voted for UB40, but as i'm hoping i'll get another chance next time i'm voting for Big Country instead.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

Gorgeous Daze wrote
ER, Genesis went to Charterhouse. I'd have hoped you'd knock them down to an oiks' establishment rather than send them home from home to Churchill's old pad!
By jove, sir...you're right. Splendid chaps, even posher than I thought.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

The Rubberband Man
So many to chose from.... I don't know who to vote for......

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I'm going to buck the trend of negativity and say that I enjoyed the show. Granted Gary Numan has disappeared so far up his own ass by 1983  that you could be forgiven for thinking you were watching a Brian Pern- type spoof.... but it was great to be reminded of the long-forgotten summer hit Dolce Vita,  I loved the songs by Madness, Genesis and Big Country, fancied the Euro-flautist something rotten, and of course UB40s version of Red Red Wine is an all-time classic and gets the vote.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

Who's That Hurll
My vote is winging it's way towards the nutty boys.
WTH

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

Dancer
I opted for Genesis.  Fantastic track.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 01/09/83

I voted for Genesis.

Very short tie-break poll to determine a winner from 01/09/83 TOTPs

A very short tie-break poll to determine a winner from 01/09/83 TOTPs. This will end at 11.15pm this evening.
Pick one of these two.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: Very short tie-break poll to determine a winner from 01/09/83 TOTPs

UB40 again for me.

Re: Very short tie-break poll to determine a winner from 01/09/83 TOTPs

Still voted for Genesis.

Re: Very short tie-break poll to determine a winner from 01/09/83 TOTPs

I'm a Mama's boy

Public Schoolboys 1 Oiks 0

Genesis please.
WTH

Re: Very short tie-break poll to determine a winner from 01/09/83 TOTPs

The Rubberband Man
UB40 have the more Merlot tune.