Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Legsfan
Madness

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

I guess begrudgingly i will have to choose The Jam, very much at the fag-end of their career. Even though this reached the top of the charts, their earlier work was light years better to my ears than this.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

PattiForPM
More Madness

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Everything'sRosie
Tracy Young (seen here doing backing vocals with The Jam) is from my home town, in fact related to a good mate of mine, and indeed used to be the landlady in my one time local a few years back though she was Tracy Green by then. Lovely lady, so Weller et al get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Im trying to recall that sickly solo hit she had.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

VintageVideos
the house that jack built?

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Thats the one. Nice looking girl, sweet & sickly song.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

...Give It Some Emotion.

And, I reiterate, she really was a very nice girl. Had put a bit of weight on the last time I saw her.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

The Rubberband Man
The Jam.
It's not that bad a song, and the band produced some fantastic music during their career - 4 #1 singles and 18 consecutive Top 40 hits since their debut in 1977.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Gorgeous Daze
No offence meant to The Gaffer, the gaffer and the gaffer's son but I've gone for Mirror Man. An impressive resumption for The Human League after a year away, this was arguably the last single that had the same feel and quality found on Dare.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

VintageVideos
Not their best song but I'm going for the Jam, who in retrospect sounded more like the forthcoming Style Council than the Jam as we knew them!

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Voted for Madness.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Mikey
Human League on this one.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Madness for me

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Who's That Hurll
If it had been the classic studio performance then I would have gone for Madness; but as it it's the video, I'll give a farewell vote to The Jam.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

CoffeeThing
I like the Duran video but tend to try for studio performances, however, as a late voter, for obvious reasons, I am going with Wham on the end credits. They nearly got my vote for the studio performance of the same song in the last show.

The dearth of dancing is really hitting home now with repeats of earlier studio performances Hurll'ed at us instead. I didn't spot Flick's name in the credits either this week. Sad days all round.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
It has to be Chez Nous by Les Garçons Noisettes for me.
You've all done vey well!

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 02/12/82

Thanks for taking part. So The Jam didn't get to extend their wins on our weekly polls to seven then.
RYAN